Forty Three - Enchanted

Beige Crimona Samaniego

"We can't do all the traditional 18 shits for our babe's debut, but we thought of something better," Robbie said.

Kuya and her went to the van to get something. Pagkabalik niya sa gitna namin, inangat niya yung isang lantern. Just something made out of japanese paper and lit the candle inside.

"It's not supposed to fly, because we'll let it float on the sea," she smiled.

She approached me and pulled me up. "We're going to do it one by one," she said as she guided me towards the shore. "And together we let it float in the waters."

I looked at her. She was smiling at me. "Surprise Beige!" She said. Naluluha ako. I am not emotionally shallow. Pero, it's a very cute surprise. They still thought of a way to make my debut a bit meaningful, I so love these guys.

Para hindi masyado awkward, I tied my shaul around my waist para medyo covered ang bikini ko.

Kuya went first. Kung anu-ano lang naman pinagsasabi niya. Same with Yvan. Pero I still feel happy having them as my kuyas.

The gang followed then. All of them expressed their deep love for me. Aww, I am in equal depth of love with them too! They made me feel so special!

Oh so I know why I didn't cry during our graduation, because I'll pour all my tears in this event. Gosh, I have the best friends. And I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Last went was Ice.

We held the lantern together and he looked at me in the eyes. Biglang tumugtog yung guitar.

What?! Bakit nung si Ice na biglang tumugtog yung gitara? Napalingon ako and saw Yvan playing the guitar. He just smirked at me.

Suddenly, kinagat ni Ice yung daliri ko. "How many times do you have to be reminded of this?" He asked calmly.

Napa-irap ako. Yeah right. He'll bite my finger if I look away from him. Jeez, I don't know if I should feel okay with his style. But it doesn't seem too bad either..

He sighed one last time before he looked at me again and smiled. "Happy birthday."

Shit! Why does it sound so romantic when it came from him?

"A lot of things have changed for the past years we've known each other, and I'm happy to where we ended up. My promise will remain constant; I will wait for you.."

I was just too amazed with what he's saying. Kanina pa ako umiiyak, mula palang sa message ni kuya, and now that it's Ice speaking, my eyes just won't dry.

He smiled wider, lips closed. "You know I'm happy if you are. And I'm lucky for falling in love with a girl like you," he said.

Oh god. Things are just getting too heavy right now. And why is my heart beating fast again?

"And I wouldn't want to fall for anyone else, besides you," he held my hand and kissed the back of it.

I am just so happy with what I just heard. I guess it's just really normal to feel overwhelmed when you hear someone express how much they love you, and mine were very much expressive through my tears.

"I love you, Crim. Happy birthday," he said. We walked towards the sea and together, we released the lantern on the sea. He held my hand, and I held unto it too, as we watched the lanterns light up the sea. It was beautiful. And so was the moment.

We went back to the shore with everybody else and took photos together with the beautiful lit sea as our background.

We gathered around the fire again and sang our hearts out. We weren't drinking, like what normally happens in a camp fire. We didn't have marshmallows on sticks either. We just had a great bunch of company from each other and we had the best memories we could ever gain.