09

"GET OUT OF THIS KID THIS IS BETWEEN YOUR MOTHER AND I. GET OUT BEFORE I KICK YOUR ASS TOO"
He kicked my mother in the stomach and i ran towards him...

I grabbed the table lamp and hit him with it so he would stop attacking my mother. He fell over in pain. I kelt near my mother.

"MOM LETS GET OUT OF HERE BEFORE HE GETS UP"

"CHARLOTTE WHAT DID YOU DO?" She looked up at me with sadness. Was she sad that i hit ken, really?

"CHARLIE? OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED?" Ashton shouted as he made his way through the door. "I COULD HEAR THE SCREAMS FROM MY HOUSE COME ON LETS GO LADIES." He knelt grabbing my arm and my mothers arm to help us up. As soon as my mother stood up she ran toward Ken.

"MOM LEAVE HIM THERE." I yelled with Ashton holding me back. Ken got up and his eyes landed on Ashton.

"KID THIS IS A FAMILY THING LEAVE MY HOUSE BEFORE I BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF ALL OF YOU!" Ken yelled as he got up. Ashton pushed me out the door and started towards Ken. They started fighting, throwing punch after punch until Ken hit Ashton with a beer bottle.

"ASHTON!" I yelled. I started toward him but Kens grabbed my arm throwing me back.. Everything went dark.

I woke up and it was 3am. I was drowning in tears so i got up and went to Ashtons room.

"Psst... Ashton" i shook him awake.

"Charlie?" He rubbed his eyes.

"I remember everything. Up until Ken knocked you out" tears filled my eyes. Ashton sat up and pulled me into a hug.

"Do you wanna know what happened after that? Its hurtful."

"Yes i need to know please."

Ashton sighed. "Okay I sat up in time to see Ken throw you against the wall and you got knocked out. Luke came through the door in complete shock and i told him to call the police. Ken started toward Luke but i punched him in the face hard enough to knock him out. Your mother..."

"WHAT ABOUT MY MOTHER-" i yelled.

"She went to Ken. She didnt even glance at you. Then she started to threaten me. That 'if anything happened to him' bullshit threat."

Tears filled my eyes "okay continue"

"I ignored your mother and went to your side but you were out cold and i didn't know what to do. Then Luke came back inside saying the ambulance was on the way. Eventually the ambulance did come and your mother refused to go to the hospital with you she went with Ken. So me and Luke went with you and I dont know what happened to your mother after that."

Ashton looked up at me with concern and pain then hugged me again. I was in complete shock. How could she do that to me? How could that asshole be more important than me? When did it all change?

"Can i sleep in here the rest of the night?" I asked Ashton. I didnt want to be alone.

"Of course." He scooted over giving me room. My eyes fell heavy and i fell asleep.