32

Ashton's POV

I opened my eyes and heard the rain. Someone was pulling on my arm but I didnt know who.

I looked around and saw my car. It was crushed on a center divide. My mind instantly rushed to Charlotte.

I escaped the grip of the person who was holding me and ran to the other side of the car. Michael and some paramedics were pulling her out of the car. She had blood everywhere.

"CHARLOTTE!" I yelled running toward her.

"ASHTON!!" Luke yelled from behind me and held me back. I pushed him back and knelt beside Charlie. Her body was lifeless

"HELP HER!!" I yelled to the paramedics attending her.

"Sir!! You need to calm down and go back to the other ambulance!" The paramedic shouted to me.

"FUCK YOU. THATS MY SISTER. SHES HURT. HELP HER NOT ME." I yelled.

She turned around to the other paramedics and said something to them. Calum and Luke ran up to me and helped me into the ambulance that Charlie was going to go in.

"We will see you at the hospital!" Luke yelled.

Michael helped the paramedics get Charlie into the ambulance then they quickly left. My attention turned toward her. She was lifeless and the paramedics were surrounding her and hooking her up to machines.

One lady was trying to tend to me.

"HELP HER!! SHES DYING. I DONT NEED HELP SAVE HER WHY ARENT YOU DOING ANYTHING SHE CANT DIE SHE IS ALL I HAVE PLEASE!" I cried out.

It was a long ride to the hospital in which Charlotte flat-lined twice. Once we got there Doctors and Nurses surround Charlie and I but they didnt separate us.

Just then I started to remember something that the doctor said last time Charlotte was in the hospital.

Well looks like you are ready to be discharged we just have to warn you that this injury you received resulted in a minor case of Amnesia. The next time this happens it could be severely worse

I stood up and ran over to the Doctors attending her.

"SHE HIT HER HEAD. ITS NOT. HER DOCTOR SAID SHE COULDNT HIT HER HEAD AGAIN OUR IT COULD BE WORSE. PLEASE JUST HELP HER!!" I yelled.

A couple nurses pulled me back to the bed i was in and continued attending me. I heard the guys arrive in the lobby as they were yelling at the nurse to know how we were doing.

"Tell the green haired kid to call Tom." I said weakly before the drugs took over and I passed out.

---

I woke up hooked up to machines. I looked around and saw Charlie in the bed next to me. I also saw Mr. Fletcher sitting in a chair in between our beds.

"Tom?" I said weakly

"You didnt leave her alone. Thank you. I didnt tell the staff that you arent her brother. They still think you are." He smiled weakly and looked over to Charlie.

Her petite body looked fragile and she looked vulnerable. I started to cry. I couldnt protect her. I failed again.

"What happened to the guy that hit us?" I said wiping away my tears.

"Ken is in the hospital as well. Since neither of you have been awake to testify it is being seen as an accident." He shrugged

"Michael, Luke, Calum?" I asked

"They only allow family up here so I've been updating them." He smiled.

"How long was I asleep?"

"You both have been asleep for a day." He said looking over at Charlie again.

"You woke up first." He small smiled.

---

Its been 4 days and Charlie still hasn't woken up. The doctors say she is in a coma. They moved her to another room so the guys and I can be with her when her dad needed to rest. I kept thinking about what her doctor said last time she was in the hospital and it started scaring me. The guys had hope and they would talk to her constantly. They would bring her flowers and ridiculous bears, the room was filled with them. They wanted her to wake up to a room full of 5 Seconds of Summer.

I didnt leave her room at all these 4 days. They said I was free to go when i first woke up but I haven't moved. The guys are the same. The sleep in the waiting room or here on the floor. We are just waiting for her to wake up.

The guys said they saw when we crashed and they immediately called for help and tried to get us out of the car. I remembered it so clearly. Seeing her lifeless body and me not being able to do anything.

The guys are sleeping on the floor right now and Tom went to go get some coffee. Something i have accustomed to drinking these 4 days. I wanted to be here when she woke up. I needed to say sorry for not being able to prevent the accident and for not being able to protect her.

I stood up and sat by her beside. I grabbed her hand and just watched her.

Suddenly her hand tighten slightly.

"Charlotte?" I said softly.

Her eyes fluttered and her grip tightened. She was awake. Her eyes opened and she looked around like she was scared. Her eyes fell on me.

"Charlotte you are finally awake I've been so worried." I smiled.

She moved her hand away from me and just starred at me. She looked around again nervously.

"Charlotte whats wrong?" I asked.

"Who are you?" She said starring me in the eyes.