13

We set up our area on the sand and just sat there for a while.

"The beaches in California are wayyy better!" I said.

"WHAT?" They all said simultaneously.

"You're from California?" Calum questioned.

"Yeah. She's a dope smoking hippie homosexual!" Luke teased.

"Do i look like a dope smoking hippie homosexual?" I questioned. Luke nodded.

"Is that the stereotype for Californians?" I questioned.

"No Lucas is just being a jerk." Ashton laughed pretending to tan.

"You could pass for a hippie though. Not a dope smoking hippie homosexual." Michael assured me.

I threw up two peace signs and the guys laughed. After a couple hours all of the guys except Ashton started complaining that they were getting sunburned.

"Good thing you reminded me to put on sunscreen before we left the house" Ashton whispered to me. I giggled.

"Lets go home please?" Luke pleaded scratching his back.

"Still think I'm a dope smoking homosexual?" I teased

"No no no you are not because you would never smoke and you are totally into me." He winked and Michael smacked his arm.

"If you two keep fighting over my sister we are not leaving anytime soon." Ashton said.

"They arent fighting over me. They are clearly fighting over Calum." I said. Calum looked at me confused and Luke and Michael started starring at him sexually.

"Dammit Charlie. Now they are undressing me with their eyes!" Calum shouted. We all laughed and started packing up to leave.

"Tomorrow you guys are going to be in so much pain and we have school tomorrow." Ashton laughed as he started the car.

"Why do you keep mentioning that hell hole!" Michael shouted.

"Its a reality we all have to face." Calum said.

"Well I would rather live in my own reality." Michael sneered.

"Wouldn't we all?" I laughed. As we were driving i turned up the radio and we all sang every song that came on. Even though the guys had real singing voices while i sounded like a dying whale.

We got home and as we drove past my old house i noticed both Ken and my mothers cars in the driveway. I guessed that Ken had finally been released from the hospital and were back home.

Seeing Ken's car gave me a rush of anxiety but i tried to hide it so the guys wouldn't notice. At this point nothing gets pasts Ashton, he put a hand on my thigh and looked over to me as he parked he car.

"Are you okay?" He whispered. Then Michael leaned forward and said the same thing.

Before Calum and Luke questioned me too i walked into the house and up to my room. I locked the door behind me and laid down on the bed. I heard the footsteps of 4 Australians coming up the stairs and put my pillow over my face.

"Come on Charlotte, open the door." Ashton pleaded.

"We love you come out!" Luke shouted.

"Shut up. I love her more and she knows it." Michael said angrily.

"With you two constantly fighting over her she isnt going to come out." Calum laughed.

At this point i sat closer the to door and tried not to laugh too loudly at their comments.

"Its not a fight if she knows I'm going to win." I could tell Michael was smirking.

"Shut up!" Ashton giggled. I laughed a little louder than i wanted to and they heard me

"Open the door. I know you're in there." Michael said. I got up and unlocked the door. They all came barging in and hugged me.

"Let me go!!" I called out as i was surrounded by giants.

"Never!!" Luke called out and i smacked his arm that was sunburnt. He cried out in pain causing all the guys to step back. I smirked.

"Uncalled for." Luke pouted.

All the guys tortured each other with their sunburns except Ashton and I. I heard noise from outside and went to the hallway window. I noticed my mothers car wasnt there anymore and saw boxes being thrown outside by Ken. I walked downstairs to a window closer to my old house next door and saw that it was my stuff he was throwing out. I rushed outside and ran up to him.

"The fuck are you doing? This is my stuff!" I yelled.

"You don't live here anymore so your shit doesnt belong here." Ken said annoyed.

I ran past him, inside the house ignoring him calling for me to get out of the house. I got up to my room and saw that it was a mess. The clothes i hadnt taken to Ashtons house was scattered across the floor. My bed sheets were messed up and the drawers were broken. Ken walked in behind me and pushed me against the door.

"Get out of the fucking house! This is my house and I don't want you here anymore!" Ken yelled.

"If you didn't want me here why did you take me away from my real father!!" I yelled.

"To get to your mother obviously! I'm getting tired of you and everything having to do with you."

With that Ken went to the posters on my wall and ripped them all down. I yelled at him and tried to get him to stop but he pushed me back onto the floor. Out of no where the guys showed up and pushed Ken against the wall away from me. Michael knelt beside me and dragged me out of the room. The guys followed us and Ashton stayed behind.

"Where's Ashton?" I asked. The guys looked around and i ran back into the house. He was coming down the stairs and quickly said "lets go!"

We walked out of the house and the guys helped me carrying the stuff that Ken threw out. We got inside Ashtons house and they carried the stuff to my room. We all decided to go to Michaels house, trying to avoid encountering Ken again. The guys walked out of the house and i turned to see Ashton pull out something from his shirt.

"Whats that?" I asked.

"Oh .. Its a couple of your posters that hadnt been destroyed." He small smiled and I hugged him.

"Thanks."

"Dont mention it. Whats family for." He smiled and hugged me tightly. Then we headed out the door and went to Michaels house.