28

Ashton's POV

My phone was ringing and I didnt want to answer it. How can people call at this ungodly hour. It was 6 in the morning. I picked up my phone and saw it was my mother. I jumped up and answered it.

"Hi Mum."

"Oh good you are awake. I wanted to see you today to talk to you about what you are going to do after you finish school. Can I go over there?" She said.

"Yeah. Of course." I smiled.

She hung up and I quickly got out of bed and ran to Charlie's room. I jumped on top of her trying to wake her up.

"CHARLOTTE GET UP!!" I yelled.

"Ashton. Its 6 in the fucking morning. What do you want!" She yawned.

"My mum is on her way over here. Get up!" I yelled running back to my room to change.

I ran downstairs to get some coffee going. I only ever had coffee in my house for Luke and my mother. Charlie didn't drink coffee either. I heard Charlie coming down the stairs and she walked into the kitchen.

"Do you want me to leave? Or be upstairs? Or what?" She asked nervously.

"Stay. I'm sure its fine" i laughed.

I heard my Mum unlocking the door and Charlie moved behind me.

My mum barged in and came over to hug me.

"How have you been honey?" She smiled.

"I've been good mum." I smiled. My mum noticed Charlie behind me.

"Who is this lovely lady?" She asked looking at Charlie.

"I'm Charlotte. Nice to meet you." Charlie said shyly holding a hand out to shake her hand. My mum pulled her into a hug and Charlie hugged her back awkwardly.

"Are you Ashton's girlfriend?" My mum said.

"No mum. She lives here with me. She is like a sister." I corrected her.

"Oh. Honey pour me some coffee." My mum said sitting down on the couch.

I made her coffee and Charlie and I followed and sat down on the couch. My mum took a sip of her coffee then looked over to me.

"So what are your plans?" My mum said.

"I actually needed to talk to you about it." I said.

"Well thats why I'm here. God knows you wont come see me." She said drinking more coffee.

"It not you. I dont want to see Dad. He has never supported me the way you do."

"Your father wants you to go to college and when you said you had no intention on going to college he got mad." My mum said looking at Charlie

"Mum she is staying here because she already knows our problems." I said firmly and she nodded.

Charlie sat there awkwardly. I knew she wanted to leave because she kept fidgeting but I needed her here. When my mum finds out that the band is my future I don't want to face her alone.

"School is almost over Ashton. What are you going to do?" She asked.

"School is over for me already mum." I sighed.

"What do you mean?" She looked worried.

"I dropped out. But i had a good reason to do so." I said nervously.

"Then let me hear it because you were so close to finishing Ashton." She sighed

"The band got signed mum. My career started. I didn't need to finish school. I know after hearing this you wont want to support me anymore. But with the money I am going to get I will support myself so don't worry about me." I said.