Chapter 1

-LYRIC POV-
"JoJo, get your ass in here." One of my workers, JoJo walked in my office. "I still don't have that money you made. You had 500 dollars worth of stuff. Where's my money?" He handed me a stack of cash before I counted it. "This is 200. Where's my money? You stealin?"
He shook his head.

"Nah, I sold for half price because nobody was buying." I walked around and sat on the front of my desk. "Close the door JoJo." He followed my directions. "You're 18, I'm 22, so let's get this straight... you don't know shit about this business! You never sell for half price! You sellin half price, that means that you walk the other fuckin way! We are the top for a reason, we don't sell fuckin half price. Get the fuck out. That 300 is coming out your pay. Fuck up again and you're done!" He nodded. "Yes ma'am."

"Now get the fuck out." He walked out as I walked back around to my desk. "Knock knock bitch." I looked up. "What?" One of my best friends from high school who actually started working with me walked in. "Well hi Lyric, how's your day going?" I leaned back in my chair and started scrolling through Instagram. "Hi Sasha. What's going on?"

She sat down across from my desk. "We got work to do honey. Get off ya ass." I stood up. "What's going on?" Sasha frowned. "We got some stuff going on." "What?!" She walked out as I followed. "Boss, we got some important news." I frowned. "What the fuck is happening?!"

"Alright, so, DeeLo was dating a guy and told him where he worked and everything. So she was making a drop with JoJo and they ended up shooting the guy for God knows what. Turns out the dude was DeeLo's nigga's brother." I crossed my hands across my chest. "Where's DeeLo? Where's JoJo?"

One of my security guards, Ryan, looked around. "JoJo just left and DeeLo aint show up today." I shook my head. "Tell that bitch when she gets here to see me in my office. What is her nigga planning on doing?"

"He tryna come here himself and get JoJo and DeeLo." I slowly nodded. "Lemme think on what to do, y'all. I'll get back to y'all tomorrow." Everybody nodded as I walked back to my office. "Sister!" I looked up at the door and smiled at my sister Chyna.

"What Chy?" She smiled. "Come give me a hug bitch." I got up and gave her a hug. "How you doing though?" She smiled. "I'm cool. I see you big and bad bitch. How you get to take over daddy's business?" I chuckled. "Cause you suck bitch." She laughed. "Oh so that's how you feel lil sis?"

I nodded. "Yes." She smiled. "Get your red weave ass outta here." I smiled. "Extensions chick." I laughed. "So wassup with you and your boo?" She smiled. "Well, I'm actually pregnant." I smiled. "Really?" She nodded. "Yeah." I chuckled. "Yay!" I jumped on her. "Congrats sis." She chuckled. I kissed her cheek as I fell off of her.

We both laughed. "You're crazy." I smiled. "I know. That's why I got the business bitch." Chyna chuckled. "So when you gonna find a man?" I took a deep breath. "I actually don't know. I'm just waiting for Mr. Wright to come along. So we can fall in love, have a baby, get married." She chuckled. "It'll happen, but you gotta have somebody who you trust enough to keep your identity a secret."

"I know, what if I dated a fed." We both chuckled as she pulled her purse on her shoulder. She pulled out a manilla envelope. "You got a drop coming up with Omar." I sighed. "Omar gives me so much hell. But so much money." She smiled. "And he wants you to do the drop."

"Oh shit, I better get ready. He takes no shit." She smiled. "Well Lyric, I'm out hustler." I chuckled. "Alright, bye. Stay safe. Keep my little one protected sissy." "Alright, bye."

I smiled. "Bye baby mama." She kissed my cheek before walking out.

Sasha: Drinks with me Tanya and Blu?

Me: Yes, let's go!

Sasha: Alright, you gotta go home to get dressed.

Me: Bitch I stay dressed to impress. Let's go!

Sasha: Alright.

I stood up and grabbed my purse. I closed my office and put the lock on it. "Well, I'm out yo." Ryan gave me a hug. "Bye boss." I nodded. "Bye, text me if anything goes down." He nodded. "Alright. Michael and Justin is comin on duty so Imma tell them what's going." I nodded. "That's fine. Make sure my place is secured." He nodded. "Alright."

I got in my black Rolls Royce and drove off.

********
I took another shot. "Oh this is strong." Sasha laughed. "Grow some balls bitch!" I smiled. "Whatever." I felt my phone going off in my purse. I pulled it out and answered. "Hello?"

MICHAEL: "Boss, somebody of the name Chris is here looking for DeeLo and Robber."

Robber is JoJo's dealing name.

ME: "Oh shit, he's tryna kill them for killin his brother. Stay calm. Imma come up there now"

MICHAEL: "Alright."

I walked out the club. "Girl where your ass going?" I looked back at Blu. "The guy is at the warehouse. I gotta go." I got in my car and drove off.

********
I parked in the back of the warehouse and put my gun in between my jeans and my body. I got out and walked up to them. "Hey!" Chris turned around. "Yeah? Who you?" I stuck my hand out. "Goddess. You?" He shook my hand. "So what's going on?" "I aint here to hurt nobody. I'm looking for DeeLo and Robber."

I nodded. "They're not here right now. Don't pop up here again." "And who are you to talk to me like that?" I frowned. "The boss nigga wassup?" He pushed me back. "Now, I aint gone take no bitch talkin to me like this." I rolled my eyes. "You're gone have to go." He pulled out a gun. I'm never scared of a lowball lookin nigga who pulls a gun. Cause I got they ass.

"Shoot I dare you." He turned to Michael and Justin. "I got y'all. He lifted his gun up and I pulled mine out. I shot him in his leg. "What you gone do now nigga? Now I can't let you live because I don't trust niggas like you." "Boss, no." Justin grabbed my arm. "Let me go!" He followed my directions as I let two bullets go into his body. He laid out on the floor.

"Go hide his body." He nodded. "Aight." They picked him up as I put my gun back in my pants. I walked to my car and got in as I quickly drove off. There's no nice girl in this business. Just a girl who needs to get over her nice and pull the trigger sometime. Trust me, I hate doing it. But, you gotta do what you gotta do to make this money.
_____________________
PAUSE... let me introduce myself. I'm Lyric Smith aka GODDESS. Yes you may know me as  the daughter of Ghost. The hottest drug dealer in the 90s. I took over this business one I graduated high school. Now, I'm the hottest drug dealer. My dad's business is my life and heart now. I'm a real classy lady until I hit the streets and my desk. When you see me in my work place you know 100% that I'm the boss and the streets is where I am meant to be. But, there's a part of me that's incomplete, and that's the part that needs love. Since my dad died, I never found a guy who loved me as much. Not only am I on my hustle, but I'm on a search for Thug Love.

----------------------
Lyric in the multimedia.

What y'all think so far?

Vote, Comment, add to libraries