Chapter 14

-LYRIC POV-
"Are you ready to see your family?" I nodded. "Uh, yeah, give me a second." "Babe, it don't take this long to make yourself up. Why you doing that anyways?" I looked at the pregnancy test on the counter and smiled once I saw it was negative. I know it seems bad, but like i told Chyna, I'm not ready for a baby.

I opened the bathroom door as I threw the test in the trashcan. "What took you so long? You look the same." He limped over to me and gave me a kiss. "I thought I was pregnant so I took a test." He smiled. "Are you?" I shook my head. "No." He nodded. "Alright, what you wearing?"

"Imma put on some black leggings and my Christmas sweater." "The crop-top? Gurlll don't you think your grandmama gone be disappointed you showin that stomach?" He said sounding like a ghetto girl. I chuckled. "If she is I mean, sorry grandmama." He laughed and pulled his gray sweatpants over his underwear. I pulled my shorts off and put my leggings on. "You don't think we should have gotten dressed up?"

"Nah, I told everybody to come like they were doing Christmas at their house." "Oh well my cousin will most likely walk in here with a million dollar dress on." He sat down on the bed. "She rich or something?" I shook my head. "Nah but her sugar daddy is." He chuckled. "How old is he?"

"Like 49 now." He scrunched his eyebrows. "How old is she? I'm scared to know." "23." I slipped my sweater on as he chuckled. "That's nasty as shit." I walked over to him. "Alright, get up. I gotta go get the food on the table."

He got up and held my hand as I helped him downstairs. "You want me to open the door?" I shook my head. "Nah stay off that leg. I mean try to." He sat down on the couch. I walked in the kitchen and pulled the ham and macaroni out of the oven. I put it on the table before putting the greens, turkey, and yams on the table. I only know how to make this because my mom left me and Chyna her recipes before she died.

I put plates on the table as the doorbell went off. I plugged in the lights on the tree before opening the door. "Hi Chy." She smiled. "Hey, you're red is still slayin." I chuckled. "Thanks. Did you bring the peach cobbler and the pies?" She nodded. "Uh look in my hands."

I chuckled. "Oh." She walked in. "Hi Jacob." He nodded. "Wassup." "How you feelin?" He smiled. "I'm better." She put everything on the table as the doorbell went off again. I opened the door for Milan and Elius. "Hey. Milan step outside with me." He walked outside. "Do not I repeat DO NOT be yourself. Please be civilized. Everyone will know you're my friend and my reputation is being put on the line to his family."

"Alright bitch damn." "This is what I'm talkin about. Fix it." He chuckled. "Just getting all mama on me." "Fix it." I said as he walked in the house. Some random lady walked up to me. "Hi, you must be Lyric." I nodded and shook her hand. "Yes, go ahead and go inside. Jacob is in there." Melody walked up to the door. "Wassup girl."

I gave her a hug. "Hey babe." She walked inside as a whole bunch of unfamiliar people walked inside. "Lyric? Is that you big baby?" I walked down the steps and smiled once I saw Grandma Eloise walking up to the door. "Hi Grandma Eloise." She gave me a hug. "Don't you think you need some shoes on? It's kind of chili." I chuckled. "No, I'm going back in the house soon."

"Oh okay. How have you been?" I smiled. "I've been good. How have you been is the question." "Breathin. That's all I can ever ask for." I smiled. "Yep." "So is this your new house?" I shook my head. "No, this is my boyfriend's house." She smiled. "Mmm a boyfriend huh? You got you a maaannn candy?" I chuckled. "Nana he's mine."

She chuckled. "Alright you're Auntie Clara and cousin Jessie's in the car. Why you invite Jessie? Her damn squeaky voice was in my ear and we drove all the way from Alabama." I smiled. "Sorry Nana. Y'all the only family I got." She kissed me cheek. "Okay, Imma go get me some food."