Chapter 41

-JACOB POV-

"You going to get your hair done?" Lyric nodded. "Yeah, I'm going to the gym, I have a nail appointment, a hair appointment, I'm coming home, then I have a meeting." I kissed her cheek. "Well, it sounds like you have a full day today. I'm chillin with my little man until tonight, right?"

She smiled. "Yes, because tonight we're going to see you whip some ass!" I chuckled. "Alright, go have fun at the gym." I smiled. "I will." I gave her a kiss as sh walked out the house. I crashed down on the couch tired from this weekend. Kaden's birthday party was a reality check. All that money spent... it wasn't a problem, but it was a lot. We had to fly our family out and everything so we kind of just had a lot on our plates.

"Daddy." I saw Kaden at the top of the stairs with his hands on the baby gates. "Hey lil man. You're up?" He nodded and smiled. "Yeah." I walked upstairs and picked him up. We walked downstairs into the living room. He walked over to the replica cars that we got him for his birthday and got in the Range Rover shaped one.

I smiled. "You gone drive to me?" He chuckled. "Yeah, I'm gonna drive to you daddy." He pressed the gas and smiled as he breezed through the living room. "Stop!" He followed my directions as he was close to hitting the cabinet with all the China in it.

"Reverse it." He looked back and pressed the gas without the car being in reverse. I chuckled. "Come on." I picked the car up and turned him around as I watched him drive back and forth in the living room.

********

-LYRIC POV-

"Go baby!" I looked at Kaden as he spoke up. "Go daddy." Melinda chuckled. "He's so adorable." I chuckled. "Thank you." I saw some paparazzi walking by taking pictures. I didn't pay them any attention, but Kaden did.

"Go for the side. The side!" He hit the guy in the side and took off after that. I've developed an eye to see what needs to be done to defeat his opponent and we work together with it. He knocked his opponent down to the ground and he was done from there.

"Woohoo!!!!" I screamed. "Mommy." I looked at Kaden. "Daddy win?" I nodded. "Mhm, daddy won." I kissed his cheek. He beckoned for me to come in the ring. He took Kaden from me as he did his interview.

I felt nausea overcome my body. "Melinda, I'll be back..." I ran into Jacob's room and into the restroom. I knelt over the toilet throwing up ALL of my guts. 

I was there for a good 30 minutes before Jacob busted in the back. "Baby, are you okay?" I nodded. "I'm fine, just leave me alone right now." He shook his head kneeling by me. "No, Imma stay right here." I shook my head. "Go ahead, I'm fine baby."

He nodded. "You sure?" 

"I'm fine." He shook his head. "No you're not. Go home." 

"No, where's Kaden gonna stay?" He smiled. "Baby, I got Kaden, you forgot I'm his dad?" I shook my head. "I ain't forget I just didn't remember." He chuckled. "Well go on home, we'll be there soon." I slowly stood up making my way out the bathroom door.

"Are you okay, girl?" I nodded. "Yeah, just a little nausea." She nodded. "You going home?" I nodded. "Yeah, probably." She nodded. "Alright, I'll call you tomorrow and check in on you."

"Okay, thank you." I gave Jacob a hug. "I'll talk to you at home." He smiled. "Okay." 

********

I got home and immediately ran upstairs to our bathroom. I leaned over the opening of the toilet bowl throwing up. I felt my stomach and it felt a little bigger. I grabbed a pregnancy test out of my tampon box in the cabinet and followed its directions.