Chapter 28

-JACOB POV-
"Leer, you good?" She looked super weak. Her face pale, and her voice soft. "Yeah. Thank you." I smiled. "No problem baby. You know I'm always here for you." I kissed her cheek. "Ms. Smith?" We both looked over at the nurse walking in.

"So your baby is fine. He was not hurt and he is still alive." She smiled. "Oh my God, are you serious?" The nurse nodded.

"Yep. He's alright." She smiled even wider. "So when do I get outta here?" "Give it another day because you were really out of breath. Ms. Smith, you were on your last straw." She nodded. "Okay, thank you."

"You're welcome." The nurse walked out as I turned to her. When she looked at me her smile turned into a frown. "Why are you frowning?" I shrugged. "Why you askin?"

"We were scared as hell cause we thought he didn't live and you don't even show a little bit of emotion." I smiled. "I'm super happy." She nodded and held my hand. "Okay, you sure?"

"Yeah."

********
-LYRIC POV-

"C'mon Jake! You got it! Get him in his right side!" He followed my directions as his opponent punched back. Jacob gave him a good left hook and he was out!

I screamed. "Yes baby!!" I walked up to the ring as they were getting his opponent up. The red held both of their arms and lifted Jacob's up.

"I'm so proud of you." I said as I pulled his face into a kiss. His face was looking pretty bad, but he still won so... The press came in the ring. "Mr. Wright, how was it to once again win with your mighty TKO?" He slightly smirked. "It was cool. I'm just working towards the top. It wasn't a easy fight tho."

"Any other words." He shook his head. "No same ole. Thanks to my trainers and my girlfriend." I smiled. "I appreciate the motivation from all of them and that's what makes me get in the ring to provide for my upcoming family."

I smirked and held my stomach. "Thank you Wright." He smiled. "No problem." We turned out the ring and walked to his dressing room. I looked at his face and wiped some of the little stains and drips of blood. "You okay?" He nodded as I wiped the blood on a towel.

"Yeah. Why wassup?" I shrugged. "I don't know, after any fight you just go in hush mode. Are you okay?" He nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine." I kissed him. "Alright." Someone knocked on the door. Tytus opened the door.

"Hi I'm Joshua Jackson. I'm part of the press outside. Do you mind if I talk to Mr. Wright?" Tytus let him in. "Hi Mr. Wright. It's a pleasure to meet you." They shook hands. "So we have some further questions about your experience tonight. It's the first time you've been really beat up. How do you feel about this?"

"I mean it's something I gotta get used to. I just thank God that I get out of the ring alive." He nodded. "Yeah... so I heard along with all the other millions of people watching this fight that you're girlfriend is expecting?"

He nodded while smiling and looking at me. "Yeah, it's our first child." "Together or..." He smiled. "Together." He nodded. "Mhm... so how far along are you?" I smiled. "I'm currently 4 months." He smiled. "Okay Mr.-" My phone going off interrupted. I walked to the back. "Sorry."

A couple days ago, Jake had an alarm system installed so we would be a little more safe. Even though we're moving soon, he still did it. It looked like the alarm system went off a couple times. I unlocked my phone and looked at the cameras. I saw Skull roaming around downstairs.

"Oh my God!" The alarm company called me.

ME: "Hello?"

??: "This is Jazmine from Protection One. Is everyone okay?"

ME: "No, someone's in my house."

JAZMINE: "Okay, we're going to send the police to your house."

ME: "Thank you, I'm on my way."

JAZMINE: "Okay, bye."

I walked to Jacob. "We need to go." He frowned. "What do you mean?" I tugged at his arm. "I'll tell you in the car. We need to go." He picked his phone and his bag with his stuff in it. We rushed to the car. I got in and buckled my seatbelt as fast as lightening.

"So can you tell me what's going on?" I slowly breathed to catch my breath and calm down. "Skull's in the house." He frowned. "He didn't get enough when I beat his ass I guess." "Protection One called the police already. They should be there by now."

He nodded and sped down the highway. Before I knew it, we were at home. I got out the car and a cop walked up to me.

"Are you Jacob Wright or Lyric Smith?" I nodded. "Yes. Lyric. This is Jacob right here." She looked Jake up and down. "Congratulations on your win tonight." He smiled. "Thanks."

"So, there was no one here when we arrived. We searched your house and saw a broken window. Do you have any video cameras in your house?" I nodded. "Yes." I gave her my phone with the clips on it.

"We've been looking for him. Jaxon Hilfiger, this may be the answer. Has he showed up here before?" I nodded. "Just a couple days ago." She nodded. "Well let me give you my card and I need your information. Let me know if he comes back."

I nodded as she pulled out a notepad.

********
-JACOB POV-
"Where you puttin the card at?" She sighed. "In the nightstand drawer." I nodded. She laid down next to me and rested her head on my chest. "I don't feel safe here anymore."

"The new house isn't done yet." She nodded. "I know, but I don't wanna live here anymore." "So what you gone do about that?" I shrugged. "I don't know, but I'm not gonna live in a place where I don't feel safe. I'm not gonna do that."

I rubbed her back. "Babe, it's okay. Look, next time he comes we have to stall him until the police get here." She shook her head. "Next time I'm shooting his ass." "I don't care what you do."

She frowned. "Why did this life have to follow us when we quit?" I shrugged. "I don't know, we just need to let it go, go to sleep, and relax." She laid on her pillow. "Okay." I kissed her. "I love you." She closed her eyes. "Love you, too."

----------------------