Chapter 16

-LYRIC POV-
"So what are you doing tonight? Wanna do a girl's night?" She shook her head. "No, I have to do one of your drops." I shook my head and took a sip of some of my tea. "Don't do it if you don't want to. Jake made somebody else do his drops. He's over them."

"I don't trust nobody else." I shrugged. "I guess. But this is your first big drop." She shrugged. "Oh well. I'll get through it." I frowned as Jake came into the kitchen. "Catch me up. What's going on?" He went into the cabinets grabbing a Pop Tart as I chuckled.

"Girl stuff." "What kind of girl stuff, gurrlll?" I smiled. "Periods." He opened the Pop-Tart. "Aww hell nah." I chuckled. "I'm just playing, but she has a drop and doesn't wanna pass it over to anybody else."

"I just passed one over today. Just do it." She shook her head. "I got this." I smiled. "I trust you girl. Call me and tell me how it goes." She gave me a hug. "Alright, I love you." I kissed her cheeks. "I love you, too. Imma pray for you." She held onto me tight. "Alright. I love you so much, LyLy. You're my fuckin best friend, my sister."

I smiled. "I love you, too, sister." She smiled. "Handshake?" Me and Sasha have a good luck handshake from when we were in elementary school. We did it before she walked out. "Bye." She smiled. "Adios." I frowned and walked back in the house. I leaned on the door as Jacob walked over to me. "What's wrong."

"I don't want her to do this." He kissed my cheek and gave me a hug. "I feel you, but you gotta let her do what she wants." I nodded "Alright." He let go of me as we walked upstairs. "I'm going to sleep early. I can't function knowing my best friend is in the Red Zone."

He laid down next to me. "Okay, I love you." I kissed him. "Love you, too kid." He wrapped her arms around me as I fell asleep.

********
I was woken up by my phone ringing. I picked it up off of my night stand seeing Blu calling me. I raised my eyebrow and answered.

ME: "Blu, it's three in the morning. What's wrong?"

BLU: "S-S-S-Sasha." You could hear her boice shaking from her being nervous or possibly crying.

ME: "Take a deep breath. What happened with Sasha?"

BLU: "Sasha, she-she."

ME: "Blu, spit it out. Where's Sasha?!"

Jacob sat up as my eyes started watering.

BLU: "She got shot at the drop tonight."

ME: I wiped my eyes. "She's okay right?"

BLU: "She died."

Right them, my heart stopped. It felt like I couldn't breathe anymore. It felt like my soul was empty. It felt like my brain was gone. I felt dead myself.

ME: "What do you mean? That's my best friend. Don't play."

BLU: "She's dead Lyric, she's dead!"

ME: "Stop playing."

BLU: "I'm not playing."

-FLASHBACK-
I sat in the corner of the classroom alone. It seemed like no one like me. Just then, I felt a tap on my shoulder. "Hi, I'm Sasha, wanna be my friend?" I slightly smiled. "Yeah!" "Okay Kindergarteners, let's learn our numbers from one to twenty." I smiled. "I already know this." Sasha and I said at the same time.

"Okay girls, go play quietly on the carpet while the rest of us learn." Sasha and I stood up and ran to the carpet and played house. "I'm the mom and you're the auntie." She chuckled. "Alright. Hi sister." I smiled. "No you say mom."