Chapter 3

LYRIC POV

ME: "Best friend, I'm putting on my clothes now, calm down."

Every girl has a guy best friend and a GAY best friend. Yes, I have both. My gay best friend, Milan, has been there with me since day one. Milan is like my twin. We're just alike. My guy Best Friend, Elius aka Eli, is basically the brother I never had. They're one of the few people who I know that know about me being a drug dealer(lord). Everyone who works for me and my immediate family knows, but not my friends who aren't in the business.

MILAN: "Girl come on. I'm tryna see me some man candy and I know you wanna see some."

ME: "Oh God. I got my eyes on someone else anyways."

MILAN: "Who's this?"

ME: "You know that dealer Phantom that I tell y'all about. Like he's the threat in the business?"

MILAN: "Yeah, wassup with Phantom?"

ME: "So it was a lil shoot out with the feds last night and he basically protected me and shot off all the cops."

MILAN: "Bitch he was protecting himself."

ME: "No and he kept rubbing my leg tryna get at me."

MILAN: "You got his number?"

ME: "Bitch yes."

MILAN: "Call his ass foe I do."

ME: "Shut up! My man. It's too soon anways. Plus, we aint fightin over no other nigga."

MILAN: "But you always get the L cause you don't fuck with bi's."

ME: "You know what? I'm walkin out the house now."

MILAN: "Alright, deuces."

ME: "I'm pickin you up now."

MILAN: "Bye."

ME: "Bye."

I walked outside and got in my G-Wagon before driving over to Milan's house. He lives a couple streets away from me, so we usually go on outings together.

********
"Oh shit! It's in my face!" Milan laughed. "Bitch suck it up! You at a male club. They sexy tho." A guy walked in front of Milan. "Milan smirked. "Ooo weeee! Lemme tap that." The guy slid a paper in Milan's hand before walking away. "Ooooo! Lemme see Milan!" I took a sip of my drink and read the paper.

"Lani, he gave you his number!" We gave each other a high five. "You comin up Milan." "Alright, we're closing." I nodded and stood up. "Come on Milan." He shook his head. "I'll stay. My future man will give me a ride." I smiled. "Alright, I'll see you later." I pulled my purse on my shoulder as I walked into the parking lot. I got in my car and drove off to Eli's house.

********
I knocked on the door. Eli opened the door in some underwear and a T-Shirt. "What you doing knocking on my door at 2:00 in the morning." I walked into his house. "I came to see my best friend." He shook his head. "Why you smell like weed? I thought you was gone stop smoking."

"I did. Milan had me go to a male strip club with him." He rolled his eyes and started walking upstairs. "Nigga you cakin." He chuckled as we turned into his room. I went in one of his drawers and got me some pajamas. I always sleep over here when I don't have nothing to do and everything goes fine. We're really not into each other which makes it better.

I laid down on my designated side of the bed. "You haven't had any bitches in here right?" "Nah, you know I don't get no bitches." I chuckled. "You pull hoes daily." He smiled as I smirked. "My feet hurt." He rolled over. "What you want me to do?" I smiled. "Massage my feet."