Chapter 40

*Thanks for rockin with me during the past... now into the future*

-LYRIC POV-

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Kaden. Happy birthday to you!" Kaden smiled as Jacob kissed his cheek. Everybody around us cheered for Kaden as I started cutting the cake. For his first birthday, we decided to rent out Disneyland for 7 hours. 

Since last year, Jacob has been undefeated, so that's making him more popular and more known. That means we get followed by paparazzi all the time. Even more after I started my very successful clothing line WeAre Fashion. So, instead of being here with a lot of people we don't know, we want a worry free day and we just wanna chill with our family and friends.

Jacob walked over to me and kissed my cheek. "Hey my Minnie Mouse." I smiled. "Hey." He kissed my cheek. "So, you enjoying the party?" I nodded. "Yeah, it's fun. I love this place." He smiled. "Yeah, me too. This was a nice trip to LA and everything." 

I chuckled. "Yeah, remember when you brought me here the first time?" He smiled. "Mhm." We both laughed before he gave me a kiss. "Where's Kaden at?" "Uhh, he's with Amber and her son. I think she's taking him to that Dumbo ride." I smiled.

"Oh okay... I'm not ready to go home. His birthday weekend is fun." He chuckled. "Well I got to do the fight Thursday babe." "Oh yeah.. I forgot about that. And I have to meet with my publicity team and find some models for this new photoshoot. Damn... life of an adult." 

He chuckled. "Like my mama used to tell me. Whatever keeps these lights on." I laughed. "Yeah, yeah, yeah." He kissed my cheek. "Well, let's go get Kaden and get on the Winnie the Pooh ride." I nodded. "Sounds fun to me." He held my hand as we walked to the Dumbo ride." 

********

"Bye Auntie Lyric." I smiled. "Bye baby." Amber gave me a hug. "So, we ended up buying the house in Atlanta, so we're moving out there soon. Just to go back with everyone." I nodded. "That's cool... We were thinking about getting a vacation house out here." 

"Really?" I nodded. "Yeah..." "You wanna buy ours?" I smiled. "I haven't been to your house yet... so why don't I stop by tomorrow and check out everything." She chuckled. "Yeah, if you don't wanna buy it we were just gonna rent it. So we could still make money." 

I smiled. "Sounds cool girl. But, we'll check it out. We just want to use it during the summer. And, some of his fights take him to LA. Some of my meetings are in LA, so yeah." She laughed. "Mhm... I get it girl. We're going back to Atlanta because of Hubby's job." 

I smirked. "Oh well, you know... it'll be fun having you back in the ATL." She chuckled. "I hope because I'm there for good. I'm there to annoy the hell outta y'all." I chuckled. "Whatever. Shut up." I yawned. "Well, we're gonna head to the resort and have a good night. We're out tomorrow night." She smiled. "Okay, see you girl."

I gave her a hug. "See you. Thanks for coming." "No problem." 

I turned around to see Jacob holding a sleeping Kaden. "Well you ready?" I nodded. "Yeah, let's go. I'm tired as hell." I held his free hand as we walked to the resort. "Hi... are you checking in?" I shook my head. "No we just need another key."

She nodded. "What's name is the room under?" "Lyric Wright." She smiled. "Okay... did you enjoy your day? I heard you rented out the park." I chuckled. "I loved it. It was amazing." She chuckled. "Good. Have a nice evening." 

She winked at Jacob and I turned around to see him frowning. I shook it off knowing that it most likely meant nothing. We walked in the elevator and I waited for the people in it to get out before I turned to him. 

"What was up with that lady?" He looked at me. "I don't know." "You sure? Something looked fishy." He chuckled and pulled me into him just in time for the elevator to open. We walked to the room. "Let me get him a bath." 

He handed me Kaden and I bounced a little bit. "Kaden, wake up baby." He fluttered his eyes a little before smiling at me. "Rise and shine." I said smiling. He looked around taking in the hotel room. "You ready for a bath?" He nodded. "Yeah." 

I smiled. Kaden learned how to talk pretty early. It's not perfect, but it's not bad for a one year old. Jacob handed me some of Kaden's pajamas and I put him down. "Come on." He held my hand and we walked in the bathroom. I ran the bathwater and undressed him before putting him in the bath.

********

-CHYNA POV-

ME: "Girl, you should be freakin thankful."

LYRIC: "About what?" 

ME: "That Kaden is healthy. I know we're thankful we had kids, but all the stress and shit Kaden went through, every day you should pray and thank God that he's alive."

LYRIC: "I do. I don't know what I would do without him." 

ME: "You're pretty young, but I mean, it's whatever."

LYRIC: "Well, we're going to bed now, so I'll call you tomorrow. I'm sad you guys couldn't make it."

ME: "Yeah, you know budget's low right now so next birthday part."

LYRIC: "I told you we would have paid."

ME: "I can't do that. You guys rented out Disneyland, you guys bought that Premium room, you guys even bought him gifts and everything. That's fine." 

LYRIC: "Alright girl, well next time. I love you."

ME: "I love you, too." 

I hung up the phone and sighed. Ryan just got laid off and I don't bring in enough money for us to have 2 tickets out to LA. I didn't want to make Lyric think we were needy, but maybe that would have worked better than me, Ryan, and King having to stay home for Kaden's first birthday.

----------------------

Lyric in the multimedia.

How is it blasting into the future?

A.N.: There will not be an update within the next week! I won't be in town and even though I'll have my computer, I won't be able to really sit down for a second and update a chapter. I'll try... but it will be a COMPLETE miracle if you see an update for this book while I'm gone! Thanks for reading and I promise the moment I hit my bed after I get back... I will update the next part!!!!!! Love you guys! I'm calling you THUGGERS for now on. 

MUCH LOVE TO MY THUGGERS... LOVE,

TBreezy526

P.S: This note was supposed to be posted a chapter ago, but I have free time so I've updated. There may be one within the next couple of days! I have it all planned out.