Chapter 31

-JACOB POV-

"Lyric, how long does it take to get ready?" She smiled. "Give me some time. I have to find something white to wear." I smiled. "Alright." I kissed her cheek as I sat down on the couch in our room. Today is the day of the baby shower. In one month, she'll be expecting the baby.

"Alright, Imma wear this." I nodded. "Anything you wear is fine." She smiled. "Thank you." I smiled. "Come on hurry up and put this on." She looked at me. "Just cause you can find an outfit and not worry about how you look doesn't mean I can. I can not look busted and I'm pregnant."

I chuckled. "Alright Leer, come on." She walked in the bathroom as someone knocked on our room door. I stepped out and smiled at my mom. "Wassup mama. When you get here?" She smiled. "A couple minutes ago. There are some confused people downstairs." I raised my eyebrow. "Like who?"

"Some people downstairs that say they're working for you guys." I walked downstairs. "Wassup?" 

"We're looking for Blu." I nodded. "Yeah, she's not here yet, she should be here soon so hang tight." My mom looked at me. "Where's Lyric? I thought I heard you talking to her." I nodded. "Yeah, she's upstairs getting ready." 

She looked me up and down. "Your outfit is nice. I'm surprised she got your ass to match." I chuckled. "When I was younger I didn't match." She nodded. "Mhm, don't blame it on the young Jacob. You didn't match a couple years ago."

"Well now I got my swag back, so I'm cool." I chuckled. "Whatever ma. You look nice." She smiled. "Thank you." I saw the door open and Blu walk through. "Hey Jake." I gave her a side hug. "They're confused on their job sis." She chuckled. "Alright, I got it." 

"Okay, Imma go back upstairs to check on Lyric." They nodded as I walked upstairs. "Lyric." I said as I walked into the room. "Hmm?" She said as she stepped out of the bathroom. "You look beautiful." She smiled. "Thank you." I gave her a hug. "I love you baby." 

She kissed my cheek. "I love you, too." We walked downstairs together as Blu smiled. "Girl you look good." "Thank you." My mom walked over to us and gave Lyric a hug. "You look beautiful." Lyric smiled. "So do you, girl." She chuckled. 

"So since you guys are the first ones here, we wanna show you the baby's room." My mom and Blu followed us back upstairs to his room. "You ready to see?" My mom smiled. "Yeah, I'm ready to see if Imma have another grandson or finally a granddaughter." 

We walked to the front of his door. "You open it." She opened the room and gasped. "It's a boy." They walked deeper into the room. "You guys like it?" "Yes this is amazing." I heard someone knock on the door and clearly the girls who Blu hired don't know how to answer a door. I kissed Lyric's cheek. "Imma go open the door."

She nodded. "Alright." I walked downstairs and opened the door for Chyna. She had her son in her hands and Ryan had a carrier in his. "Wassup sis." She smiled. "Hey. Where's Lyric?" I looked upstairs and still saw her standing in the door. "She's upstairs. Go check out the room." 

Chyna walked upstairs as Ryan gave me dap. "So, you got over the kiss thing I see." I nodded. "Yeah man, I'm over it. I got better things to be mad at people about. You got over it too?" He nodded. "Yeah, we been thinking about starting a family since high school, and we finally got what we asked."

I nodded. "Well, thanks for coming." He smiled. "Anytime bro. Where can I put this?" I pointed to the couch. "Any side of the couch." He nodded as more people started entering the house. Nobody else will be allowed to see the baby's room until they see outside. 

"Jacob." I looked over at the door seeing Jessie and Clara. "Wassup." I gave them side hugs. "Where's our girl?" I smiled. "Upstairs, but she'll be right down. Thanks for coming." 

Once everyone gets here, we're going to let everyone outside.

********

-LYRIC POV-

"Hey, sorry we're so late. I had to go get her." I smiled. "Who's her Melody?" "Oh, sorry, this is my best friend Amaya Reymond." I gave her a side hug. "Hi, nice to meet you." Amaya smiled. "Hi." Jessie walked over to me. 

"Girl, why are you in white?" She smiled. "I didn't know wether to pick boy or girl." I smiled. "Whatever." She felt my stomach. "So how's this little boy doing?" I smiled. "He's good. We're just waiting on his arrival." 

"Does he kick yet?" I nodded. "Yeah, he kicks like hell. Whenever I try to go to sleep, it's like he's hugging my bladder." She chuckled. "Oh wow. Can I have a cupcake?" I nodded. "Yeah. They're really bomb too." We both walked over to the dessert table. 

Blu walked over to me with Amber. "I still can't believe that your ass is pregnant. You'd seem like the last person to be having a child." I chuckled. "Oh shut up Blu." I gave Amber a hug. "How have you been?" She smiled. "Good, I brought my baby."

I looked over at her son. "How old is Chris?" "He turns five in a couple months. He missed you from FaceTime." I smiled. "I missed him too. When did you have him?" "When I was 18." I raised my eyebrow. "Is that your boyfriend with him?" She shook her head. "Nope, my husband." 

"You're married?! Since when?" She smiled. "A couple years ago. We got married really early." I smirked. "I can tell. That's his dad right?" She nodded. "Yeah. You don't remember Justin Presley? My high school boyfriend?" 

Me and Blu smiled. "Yeah. Oh my gosh. That's crazy that you guys lasted. If only I could have lasted with Perry." I looked at Blu. "You liked Perry? He looked like a Primate." She chuckled. "Shut up, but he was nice until he thought he was man of the year and sent other bitches dick pics." 

I laughed. "Oh my God. See I could never want Michael back. He was an ass but was hot as hell." Amber smiled. "He was cute." I nodded. "I know I got some good ass taste." "Who was hot?" I smiled. "Nobody." He kissed my cheek.

"Yeah right." I chuckled. "You remember Amber right?" He nodded. "From LA?" I smiled. "Yeah, you remember." She smiled. "So, how are you." Jacob ate a cupcake. "I'm good. Waiting for my lil man." She smiled. "I heard that you knew it was a boy." He nodded. "Yup, but somebody kept denying it." 

I smiled. "I wonder who." We all laughed as Blu and Amber walked away. I turned around as he swiped my ass. "Hey, I feel you." I picked up a chocolate covered strawberry before I turned around. "Give me some." I smiled as I put the strawberry by his mouth. He bit it as I finished the rest. "You ready to do gifts now?"

I nodded. "Yeah, let's go." I walked in the house to the couch as Jacob made the announcement. Everyone filed in the house and found a seat. I opened a carseat first and smiled. "Thank you Blu." She smiled. "You're welcome." I sat back on the couch as Jacob and I opened the gifts.

********

-JACOB POV-

"Have you thought of anything to name the baby?" Lyric nodded. "I like Kaden, Logan, or Joshua." I smiled. "Let's try Joshua." She smiled. "Why because your name starts with a J?" "You know it." We laughed. "Let's do Logan." I shook my head. "Honestly I like Kaden." I said as I put the table on the highchair I've been building.

"Have you realized that today marks a year that we've been together?" She chuckled. "Yeah, I know. We've been worrying about this shower so much we haven't even been able to celebrate that." She looked at the highchair I put in the kitchen. 

"Well, happy anniversary babe." She smiled. "Thank you." We kissed as I opened the box for a stroller. "So, are you sure you can put this stuff together yourself?" I nodded. "Yeah, if not, Rodney's coming over later." She smiled. "Mmm, okay. What about your nephew? Aren't you supposed to be watching him today?"

"Yeah, I though he could stay here with you." She nodded. "Yeah he can. I have to go to the mall, tho." I shrugged. "Oh well, just let him tag along cause I still have to get the rest of the stuff for Kaden's room and for our room." She smirked. "You just used the name." 

"I know." She smiled. "Anyways, when is Max getting here?" I heard someone knock on the door. "Now." She stood up and went to the door.

----------------------

Lyric and Jacob in the multimedia. 

How's life gonna be after the baby??