Chapter 48

-LYRIC POV-

"Time to go night night Kaden." He smiled. "I wanna say night night to baby." I smirked. "Okay, say night night to Aden right now." He put his head by Aden's. "Night night Aden." She rolled over grabbing Kaden's face. He chuckled. "I wuv you." "She loves you, too Kaden. Now let's go to sleep."

He nodded as we walked into his room. "Lay down and mommy will be right back to check on you okay?" "Okay." I put him in his bed and he laid down. He yawned before his eyes closed. I walked out of his room after turning the lights off and cracking his door.

Jacob had to go to the gym tonight, so I was home alone taking care of both of the kids. Usually he's here to help me with Kaden and Aden.

I laid down next to Aden looking at the time. Usually he's here before 9:30, but I guess tonight he got held up and I'm going to only trust that he isn't being a man THOT. I rolled over falling asleep not being able to keep my eyes open for another second.

********

I heard the front door close and I walked to the top of the stairs with Aden in my arms. I looked at my phone seeing that it's 12 AM. I walked downstairs giving Jacob a hug. "What's wrong?" "I thought something was wrong with you. What took you so long?"

"Me and Melody were just talking." I nodded. "Alright, I trust you. But, call us. It's not safe out there this late at night." I put Aden in his arms. "You have to make it back home to her and your sleeping son upstairs. How do you think they'd react if their dad wasn't here?" I said pushing his hands around her body.

"You need to think about you not calling me. I need to know you're okay so I can tell them you're okay. We need the same communication we had before these babies were born." He nodded kissing Aden's cheek. He pulled me into him. "I gotta make it back home to you, too."

I nodded. "Yeah."

"I feel like she's changed me already." I nodded. "Yeah, sometimes a guy needs a daughter to make him act right again. It gives him a wake up call knowing how he's treating women is probably gonna happen to his daughter."

He nodded. "Yeah, I feel bad for everything I did in the past. I'm sorry baby." I gave him a kiss. "Now this is a sincere and not a desperate apology. Thank you."

He kissed my cheek. "No problem." I stared at between him and Aden. They're two of the three most beautiful people on Earth. Including Kaden. I'm just happy I still have my family.

----------------------

This book is coming close to ending! It's gone for so long and I thank every one of you guys who read my chapters. I really do! If I could just thank you in person right now, I would. I wouldn't be anywhere without you guys!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Vote/Comment