Chapter 48

(Chelsea's POV)

I can't believe it, Hayes was over. Not only did he hear me sing but he also saw me at my worst. I don't know why I'm so upset about this I mean it's not like I like him or anything, I mean I don't want to like him. It's just hard. I ran back up to my room and layed on my bed and cried. My life is so messed up, I just don't understand. I heard a knock on my door and someone walked in who I'm guessing was Macy or Bella so I decided to stay facing the wall I didn't want to see them.

"I can't believe you would just invite him over, no warning or anything. Did you think I'd be okay with it? I'm not. I've been so upset about everything that's been going on lately. I don't know where I stand with him and I don't know if I can forgive him or not. It's so hard, I just can't believe you guys would do this to me! And then for him to see me like that was just embarrassing and-" I was crying.

"You looked beautiful still." I was cut off.

"Hh-Hayes." I said looking over.

"Care to talk?" He asked.

"I don't know..." I sighed.

"I don't care if you want to or not, you have no option. You're gonna hear me out on this one and I mean it Chelsea." He said shutting the door and walking over to my bed, sitting next to me. 

"Listen, I don't like seeing you upset, especially when it's me who hurt you. Knowing I did something to hurt you makes me lose sleep, I can't concentrate, I don't focus, my mind is in a whole other place. I feel like crap I can't tell you how long it's been since I've gotten a good night sleep. I know I might act like I'm okay or I'm fine but the truth is, a life without you is a life I don't want to live. I need you, I understand if you don't want to forgive me or ever see me again but at least I got this off my chest." He explained while tearing up.

I looked back at the wall trying to take this all in, he walked out and shut my door. I don't know if he was upset or not but I heard him talking to Macy and Bella downstairs. Did he just expect me to forgive him right away? Everything was confusing, I just wanted to go back to bed. I layed down and before I knew it I was sleeping. At about 5:30 I heard a knock on my door.

"Hey, are you coming to the party?" Macy asked.

"I don't know. Should I go?" I replied.

"Yes! Don't let Hayes ruin this for you! Go!" Macy Exclaimed.

"You know what, you're right, I have to get ready tho, I'll see you in a little while." I smiled.

I got all ready, and we went to the party, I was excited to go but I was kinda nervous. After a little while we got to the party and I saw a ton of people I knew and I missed so much. I saw Zack and I walked up to him.

"Hey loser!" I laughed.

"You came!" He exclaimed.

"I mean, I couldn't miss it. Is Hayes here?" I replied.

"No, I don't think he's coming, I haven't heard from him." Zack said.

"Oh, alright." I smiled walking away. That's odd, Hayes seemed so excited to go. Should I text him to see if he's coming? No, that might be weird.

(Hayes POV)

"Come on Hayes get up! Get up!" Skylynn chanted as she jumped on my bed.

"No sky, I don't feel good." I said annoyed, she's been doing this for 3 minutes.

"Hayes honey, aren't you going to that party? You're late." My mom said at my door.

"Nah, I don't feel good." I lied.

"Hayes, go to the party! I know you feel fine, don't be upset over Chelsea, try and work things out with her." My mom lectured.

"I tried mom! It doesn't work!" I shouted.

"Okay." She smirked closing the door.

I got out of bed, changed my clothes and fixed my hair. I grabbed the car keys and my phone and I drove to the party. I walked in and there were tons of people there, I needed to find Chelsea. I had to talk to her, she needs to forgive me. I walked in the kitchen and saw her talking and laughing with Zack. I walked up to Zack to tell him I was here.

"What's up man" I said walking over to Zack.

"You made it bro." He replied doing our handshake.

"Hayes!" Chelsea exclaimed smiling.

Zack walked away and went into the living room to talk to this girl he liked, Heather.

"Can we talk?" I asked her.

She looked down at the floor biting her lip.

"Yeah, that would be great." She smiled looking at me.

I walked outside with her following right behind me.

"Hayes, where are we going?" She whined.

"You'll see" I smirked.

"Ughh." She sighed.

We got to the dock on the lake and I sat down on the edge patting a spot next to me for her to sit. She looked at me and then sat down, I could tell she was nervous.

"I'd like to apologize for what I've done. I'm really sorry." I said looking at her while she played with her thumbs.

"I don't know why I always mess things up with us but I always do. And for that I apologize, I don't think you realize how bad I want you in my life. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, I don't like arguing, it sucks. It makes a huge impact on my life, every aspect of my life." I explained still looking at her.

She smiled while still looking down at her hands.

"I cried a lot because of you, I laughed a lot because of you, I believed in love because of you, and I was heartbroken because of you. But you know what I've learned? If it breaks your heart, it's love." She smiled looking at me.

We sat there in silence for a little while, staring at the stars, staring at the water, looking at everything around us.

"Hayes." She said.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Can you promise me something?" She questioned.

"What would that be?" I replied.

"This time, will you stay?" She asked looking down with tears filling her eyes.

"Chelsea look at me." I said.

She looked over at me.

"If I could go back in time, I would've stayed. But I can promise you from here on out, I'm here, forever and always."