Chapter 27

(Chelsea's POV)

His heart monitor started going off like crazy, I started yelling for a nurse. They all came rushing in the room.

"I'm sorry, but you're gonna have to leave. Something is happening with him we will get this all fixed." The nurse panicked.

I walked into the waiting room again and I saw the old lady out in the room crying. I went and sat down next to her and gave her a hug.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"My husband just passed away." She cried.

"Oh I am so sorry, care to tell me about him?" I replied.

"Well his name was Henry, we've been married for 50 years. He is 72 and I am 70, we got married a long time ago. We had a very happy marriage, I had 2 kids; Rachel and Tim who both died in a car accident about 35 years ago. My husband and I grieved for a long time after that incident. I was never able to have children again, and I don't know why. I became very sick and I found out I had lung cancer 3 years ago. After being hospitalized for awhile I can say I beat cancer. My husband was there for me every step of the way. My husband had a heart attack early this morning, and he ended up dying I guess." She explained tearing up.

"Oh wow, I'm so sorry." I said wiping my tears.

Nash came in the room and handed me a chicken quesadilla and a slushie. I asked Nash if he could go get some flowers. He agreed, and left after he ate.

"So how is Hayes?" Janet asked.

"Well he's in a coma, but I was talking to him and his heart monitor started going off. The nurses came in and I had to leave." I sighed.

"Oh goodness, maybe if he wakes up I can meet him." She replied.

"I'd love that!" I smiled.

"Not trying to be nosy but tell me more about your life." She said.

"Well my life's a little crazy too, my bestfriend actually died a few years ago from a car accident. Then I got into a fight with my mom 3 years ago and we haven't talked since. My moms lied to me my whole life about my dad, so I finally got to see him again and I found out I had 2 half brothers. Then I got into a car accident and I had to have a heart transplant. I ended up getting my best friends heart; the one that passed away. Then I just found out my dad has stomach cancer and Hayes and I got into a huge fight a few days ago." I explained.

"Oh goodness dear, that's enough sorrow to last a lifetime." She said.

Nash came in with flowers and I went up and grabbed them from him. I walked over to Janet and gave her the flowers.

"Here, after everything you've been through you deserve these." I smiled handing her the flowers.

"Thank you Chelsea." She said tearing up.

"Chelsea, Hayes is awake." The nurse said.

"Come on Janet." I smiled grabbing her arm and walking her to his room....