Sherlock Imagine

Sherlock Imagine-Shy and Smitten

Note: I keep spelling his name Sherclock. *shakes head* I'm way too tired. I feel REALLY bad for not being able to give you all a thanksgiving imagine. Although I didn't shout it at the table, I'm thankful for everyone reading, even more so for those interacting, and requesting. Thank you for the good will while I was ill, though now I'm back full, well, and ready to go. I have a request from BvbBride16, though I have no specifics yet, so it will probably be a Castiel. (Unless specified.) Thank you, so very much,

HowDULL

Request for: Scarletgrave

Warnings: Kissing, mild Bones spoiler. (From like, four seasons ago, but still.)

Sherlock imagine

"So, John, I finally read your blog last night."
"That so?"
"Yes, and I have half a mind to buy you a safety helmet." He chuckled and handed her a mug of hot tea. "Well, it's usually boring. Sherlock just sits around, adventures are few and far between. You would love it, Y/n."
"I'm perfectly happy with my mystery stories, John. I remember when agent Booth got shot," she shook her head, "I almost fainted."

"I forget how much I miss talking to you, Y/n. Why are you so usually absent?"
"Well, I'm not sure I like your flatmate. I mean, the first word he said to me was 'Virgin'."

"He's just antisocial, like you."
"I'm not antisocial, John." She smiled wanly. "I'm just..."
"Shy?"
"Perhaps." She shrugged. "Though that isn't quite the-"
"John!" Sherlock came in, throwing the door open in the process. "John, it's-oh. You." She sighed and stood. "It was nice seeing you again, John."
"Y/n-"
"She's not lying, she had a great time. She likes you quite a bit, just as a friend, though." She flushed. "Ah, right, well. I've got to go."
"Y/n, no-"
"Bye John." She smiled and slipped out, and he sighed, sitting back in his chair. "Sherlock, I told you that you make her uncomfortable. I also told you that she was coming over today." He shrugged and walked over to the window.

"Still, you never told me that I shouldn't come home."

A week later

She sighed and walked to the door as it rang, over and over again. "Just a moment." She snapped, and jerked the door open before sighing in agitation. "Hello, Sherlock. How can I help you?" He made a small sound in his throat and forced his way past her.

"Nice flat. Tea?"
"You won't be staying long." He turned to look at her, vaguely amused. "You don't want me to leave. You like the fact that since I can see everything, you don't feel the need to bottle yourself away." She huffed and sat on the couch. "What do you want?"
"I want you to get over yourself."
"Excuse me?"
"Meaning, conquer your shyness by dealing with me, and come to see John more often. It most certainly will work, or at least be effective." She sighed and ran her hand through her (Hair color) hair. "Why?"
"John would like to see you more often."
"Alright. Just...keep any and all observations to yourself."
"Agreed.

Even though he agreed, it was a lie. She came over multiple times a week, and he always had something to say about her. For a while, she flushed and looked away, which soon turned to agitation. She found that even away from the two men, she had an easier time dealing with forward people. She spoke up in work meetings, demanded the proper change, and otherwise took charge of herself. After a while, she started feeling awkward around the flat again. She caught herself glancing at Sherlock, only to go even more red. Everyone noticed. John was almost sad, she had been amazing for almost a month when she started slipping back to her old, shy self. One day, she went over to the flat, feeling flustered.

"Oh, Y/n. John isn't here."
"I don't care. Deduce me."
"Hmm?"

"There's something off with me, so tell me what it is. You must know." He sighed and walked towards her. Insanely close, actually, he stopped no more than a half a foot from her. She felt her face get hot, and she looked at the floor. "Even Lestrade could figure out your issue, Y/n."
"Well, what is it?" She still looked away, and he lightly took her chin. "Most simply, you seem to be smitten." He brought her closer and she scowled, pulling away. "With you? Smitten? Really?" He shrugged, turning away. "I do not understand it either. I never claimed to know everything."
"Pretty much." She muttered. "Fine. Thank you for the 'help'." She stormed out of the flat.

Three days later

It was true.

She cursed to herself, it was bloody true. She began analyzing herself when she was at the flat, sifting through her thoughts, catching herself in the act. She really was interested in Sherlock, in a romantic way. While the thought itself made her cringe, in his presence it didn't seem so bad. She decided to go over, while she knew John was busy, and see him. He answered the door for once, and smirked at her. "Y/n. John isn't here, so-"
"What were you going to do, three days ago, when you grabbed my chin?"
"Does it really need to be spelt out for you, Y/n?" She set her jaw and reached her arm up, looping it behind his neck and pulling him down, meeting him half way in a smashing kiss.