Mr. Gold Imagine

Mr. Gold Imagine

Note: This is the part that refused to be written. I'm still not completely happy with it. I feel like this is the beginning of a story that needs more chapters, but if I wrote even a little more it would've turned into a lot more and it would have been a mess

Warnings: Rated PG-13 for subtle friendzoning, subtle alcoholism, and cursing.]

Mr. Gold Imagine

Ah, Storybrooke. There's really no place like it.

Y/n was sitting at Granny's, the time being 4:00 in the afternoon, her order being a shot of jack and a cup of coffee. The older woman obliged, raising an eyebrow as the young woman dumped the shot into the coffee like it was cream.

"You drink like an Irish." She drawled, and Y/n simply shrugged in response.

"Thank you."

Granny scoffed at this and started cleaning the counter a few seats down the bar, just to get away from her. If you hadn't noticed by now, she wasn't exactly well-loved in the town.

Back in the Enchanted Forest, Snow White was a bandit and everyone loved  her for it. Apparently that love didn't apply to non-royals, like the (H/c) drinking 'adult' coffee before five.

Perhaps the town's hatred of her stemmed from the face that she maybe...possibly...helped the evil queen curse the entire town. They'd probably forgive her for it, if she was at all apologetic about it. In her defense, she was absolutely certain that Regina would've messed everything up whether she had helped or not.

When Emma Swan rolled into town and woke up all the lonely people, Y/n went from being a friendly mechanic to Morticia Addams in a second. Maybe that's because when she went to Granny's to try and get some idea of what was going on--what with her returned memories and all--Prince Charming punched her in the face.

It took her a moment to recall why he was so kriffed with her--but then she realized it probably had everything to do with the face that she maybe definitely pushed him into a river when he tried to arrest her, not too long before the curse fell. They were having an intense swordfight on a bridge, of all places, and he was already miffed that her flimsy rapier stood against his broadsword well enough. At that point, she directed the wind in such a way that it knocked him into the river, and the rest goes down in history. He probably blames her victory on his being surprised at her magic, the preachy bastard.

She'd stolen a bit of everything from pretty much everyone--even having managed to break into the castle and steal a random heart from the evil queen--except for Rumplestiltskin.

Back in the forest they often crossed paths while working, and occasionally he would seek her out. She was strange, in that she never accepted any deal he had to make, nor did she ask for any favors. She was perfectly self-contained.

She enjoyed his random visits, as it gave her a chance to have a nice back and forth with someone who didn't want to throw her behind bars. Ever since the forest was turned on its side and all the characters were dumped into the real world, she'd found some nice company with him. A couple of dinners, one or two walks, all laced with grade-a sexual tension and light humor.

As it happened, the devil himself (In full character as Mr. Gold) strolled into Granny's at 4:25, she was on the tail end of her drink, and everyone in the diner was ready for her to leave. He felt the tension in the air as he sat down next to her, and accordingly let out a low whistle when his presence only intensified the discomfort.

"If we were any more welcome, I believe the room would crack."

She smiled into the last sip of her coffee. "We'd have flower crowns on our heads, too. I thought everyone was starting to like you at least, but I think you've just made it worse."