Chapter Fourteen - The Purple Dress

**This chapter has been edited.

Almost a month goes by and the weather starts to turn a little cooler, but not much, not around this place. I spend my time with the girls, going to sleepovers, or having them over to our place. We spend the nights camped out in my room, or busy at the football games that take place on every Friday night.

           I've managed to avoid the parties after the games, but I knew sooner or later the girls were going to want me to attend one. It wasn't that I was scared to go. I just didn't know if it would be the best idea for me to go. I was trying everything I could to push thoughts of Luke out of my mind.

           I was worried that once I was there I would do something reckless, like get drunk off my ass to numb my thoughts, then I would end up making a fool out of myself. Or something like what happened last time could take place, but I wasn't thinking it would. I learned my lesson on walking away with strangers.

           Since the day I visited Luke's place, we haven't talked to each other again. He stopped spending his time around our house. Never here when I'm around, but I got the impression from Ben, that he wasn't ever here anyways. Ben came into my room one night asking me if something happened to Luke that I knew about, that he didn't.

           When I told him that I had no clue why he wasn't here anymore, he just looked at me before giving me a slow nod and letting it drop. He left my room with a look like he didn't know if I was being honest. It made me sad to not tell him what really took place that I had some sort of idea of why he wasn't staying over here anymore, but I didn't think it mattered anymore. It wasn't like there was anything to tell.

           Sometimes, I would walk down the hall to the spare room where he usually sleeps, and just stare at the empty bed, wondering if he was ever going to use it again. There were still some of his clothes left in the room, ones that he hadn't bothered to get, leaving them out to collect dust.

           I missed having him around the house, even if it was just to catch a glimpse of him with Ben.

           "What's going on in that head of yours?" Em asks.

           I look over at Em and Liv, focusing on them and not my thoughts.

           "Nothing. I was just thinking about what I was going to do for the rest of the weekend. Thinking I should start that new book I finally got the other day."

           "Right and pigs can fly. I know that look, it's the one where you're sad about something, or you're really thinking something over." she smiles, poking me in the side.

           Olivia gives a small grin. "I got to agree with her. I know that look by now."

           I let out a small huff of air.

           "You guys are right. I'm doing it again. Thinking about him. It's like I can't stop myself, it's pathetic really." I frown.

           "It's not. There's nothing wrong with thinking about someone who you like. God, knows I've done it several times. I mean come on have you seen your brother lately." She smirks.

           I shove her in the side, almost tipping her off the bed. She laughs the entire time and Olivia can't help but snicker at her.

           "Alright, alright, I'm kidding. Maybe..." Mischievous smile forming.

           "You're such a pervert. You are just as bad as the guys, I swear."

           "I can't disagree with her though." Liv grins.