5.'Back In LA'

January 8, 1988

Aaliyah

I got out the limo with R. Kelly and Martin by my side. I inhaled and exhaled the West Coast air.

I'm Home...

We walked in front of the record company that said, " Background/ Jive Records ". We walked in and went up to a white lady that is sitting at the front desk.

"Hello Martin, Mr. Kelly. Who is this." She asked while looking at me.

"Mary, this is our new artist Aaliyah." Martin answer, he looked back at me.

"Well, hello Aaliyah and welcome to Background/ Jive Records." She smiled at me.

"Thank you and nice to meet you." I smiled a back.

"Like wise."

I followed Martin and R. Kelly down the lobby and went into a elevator. We all the way up to the 10th floor and I walked out the elevator first, I can feel Kelly's eyes on my ass. I looked around and saw platinum records everywhere.

Damn I hope I get one.

"Okay down that hall is the recording studio, relax and have fun Aaliyah." Martin said.

"Thank you, Martin." I nodded, while smiling.

He nodded, back and walked the other way. Turned around and saw Robert staring at me smirking at me. I blushed.

"So let me show you around the studio." He opened the door for me. "Ladies first." He smirked. I strolled in the studio and I was amazed, the studio was so big. Wooden walls, red lights to bright up the room and studio equipment every where.

"Damn this is nice." I complemented.

"Thank you I'm glad you like it so, can we get to business ?" He asked sitting in a spinning chair.

"Yeah sure, what song you want to record. I have a book full of them." I stated while going into my book bag, pulling out my notebook.

"Well I was wonder if we can do the song you sung a few days ago."

"And do what to it ?" I asked confusingly.

"We can do a remix to your song." He smiled.

"Wow really great, lets get started." I walked into the booth.

I put the headphones on and had my lyrics in my hand getting ready.

"Alright Aaliyah, I'm going to drop a new beat  for the song. Come in when I say go Aight ?" He stated.

"Okay." I gave him a thumbs up. He started playing the beat, it was dope and different.

"Go." He said through the speaker.

I nod my head to the smooth beat.

Aaliyah Feat. R. Kelly ~ At Your Best ( You Are Loved )

( R. Kelly )

Aw yeah 1-2- check up,

Baby let me know wassup

( Aaliyah )

Ooh Ooh
Ooh Ooh

When I feel...
What I feel...

Sometimes its hard to tell you so...

You may not be in the mood to learn...