12.'Skating Party'

January 26, 1988

Aaliyah 

Me and Kim was driving in my car as we headed to the skating rink on Crenshaw Blvd. I can't wait to party and roll on some skates but, I'm nervous though. I really like R. Kelly and I don't want no shit to go down .

"Oh my good I can't believe I'm going to party with R. Kelly and NWA in one night." Kim said in excitement.

"I know girl, you gonna have fun the guys are good people. But they get on my damn nerves sometimes." I chuckled as I pull up in the parking lot.

Kim eyes widen. "You know NWA ?"

I nod at her. "Yeah, I grew up with them." We got out the car and walked towards the rink. The was a lot of people trying to get in, we walked up to the Security guard.

"Hello Ms. Aaliyah, how you doing tonight ?" He licked his lips at me.

"I would be doing much better if you would let me into my event." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Sorry, umm your on the VIP list and..." He looked at Kim. "Who is this ?"

"She my friend, she's with me."  I stated.

"Alright then." He unhook the rope. "Enjoy and congrats." He winked at me.

"Thanks." We strolled in. "Thirsty ass." I whispered at Kim, she giggled. When we entered lights were everywhere, my album cover was up and they started playing on of my song, 'Throw Your Hands Up'. I was so proud of my self and I can't wait to go on tour.

"1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,90 Aaliyah's in the house so check, check it out." The DJ sung the lyrics. Everybody saw me and started going crazy for me. I smiled listening to my beautiful voice. Everybody was throwing they hands up, dancing and having a good time.

"Come on." I said to Kim as we walked to the DJ. We nod heads to the beat.

"Uh, uh, uh yeah, yeah. Yo AALIYAH bust a freestyle." The DJ, handed me the mic.

This is for the Jeeps
Strictly for the Jeeps
This is for the Jeeps

Strictly for the Jeeps
This is for the Jeeps

I sung as everybody got hype, throwing there hands up and Kim was dancing her ass off.

I gave the mic back to DJ, I looked around for the crew and spotted them in the VIP.

"Come on let me introduce you to my people." I grabbed Kim's hand.

"Okay, but I'm nervous."

"Don't be girl." We walked towards, I Crip walked to them and they started laughing.

"Aye, aye, aye." They yelled as I did the dance. I laughed and hugged everyone. Traci was sitting on Eazy lap when he looked up he took her off, walked over to me and gave me a hug.

"Congrats bestfriend." He said into my neck.

I hugged back. "Thank you." We pulled away. "That's your girl ?" I nod my head to Traci.

He chuckled. "Nah nah, she just some girl I'm kicking with."

"Mmmm I bet." I looked at him up and down.

"Yo Aaliyah, this song is so dope." Dre said, nodding to the beat.

"Hell yeah." Re agreed.

"Thanks guys oh, this is my friend Kim. She's going to be one of my background dancers." I pilled Kim beside me. "Kim this is my sister Stacey, Jada, Mehgan, my brother Evan, the one and only NWA and... this is Traci." I gave her a fake smile.