17.'Heart Broken'

April 19,1988

Aaliyah

It's been three days since I got the bad new about R. Kelly. I feel so stupid for falling for his little game. How can I been so blind? I've been avoiding him ever since I found out because if I see his face again it's not gonna be pretty trust me. We're in Las Vegas, usually I would be out with my homies gambling and having fun but I'm too depressed to do anything yet. But on the other hand, the girls are going out to the casino with the boyz.

"Hey Aaliyah, what do you think? Is this me girl ?" Kim asked as she spun around, showing me her tight pink dress.

"Yea... Very nice." I smiled weakly.

She smiled. "Thanks girl, I think O'shea is gonna love." She squeals.

"You mean your boyfriend." Jada teased then Kim pushed her.

"Shut up." She giggled as walked in to bathroom.

"Hey sis, I know you still upset about Kelly but you should come out with us, to get your mind off him. You know." Stacey said as she sat in my bed.

I shook my head. "Nah. I'm not ready yet sis. I think I'm gonna chill here at the hotel and maybe write some songs." I stated.

"Okay then, hit me up on the pager if you need me okay ?"
She raised her eyebrows.

"Alright." I looked up at her. "Now go on, have fun." I shooed her away.

"Alright Liyah see you later, keep your head up baby girl." Mehgan said.

"Aight, bye."

"Bye !" They shouted as they left then I got up and locked the door behind them.

I sat back down on the bed and turned on the radio. Anita Baker's 'No More Tears' came on.

Damn, why this song?

We used to laugh
Now I all do is cry
You used to make me so happy
Now you don't even try

You're hurting me, yeah
You're doing me wrong
I can see it in your eyes
Soon you're gonna be gone

And I know I'm gonna miss you
My love I will send with you
'Cause I, I've been down too long
And you keep doin' me

And there will be no tears for you
Gonna be no more crying eyes
Gonna be no more tears for you
See my eyes have run dry
And there's no more tears

Ain't no more sadden eyes
From crying through the night
Gonna gather up, gather up my feelings
And lock them all inside

So when you say you're leaving
And you walk out my door
I can truly say to myself
He can not hurt me anymore

And I know I should be crying
But inside I'm slowly dying
'Cause all my love has gone
From two hearts so badly torn....

This song made feel even worse but the song spoke to me and telling how I really feel about the situation. All of a sudden I heard a knock on the door.