Chapter 22 - Favor

Reg's POV

It's 3 am and I still can't sleep. My fam are all asleep after everything. They aren't much that affected about it 'cause I haven't told them yet the whole situation. But they have comforted me once again when they saw me crying after the party.

An unreadable expression is present on me. In short, emotionless. I am not once again falling for a trap. Niall may say that he will bring back his memories but I don't believe him. He might say that for him to finally have me. He might not even bring back James' memories even if I say 'yes' to that.

I am at the balcony right now. Standing and looking at a distance. Sometimes I wish I could go back home so none of this happens. I won't be in this situation if I didn't ask my aunt for a trip here. I wish I didn't left home. I could've spend the rest of our summer vacay with Fam H or maybe visit my relatives and stay there for a month and a half again like last year. I would be happy and not crying.

"Reg?" I heard Connor's voice that startled me from my thoughts. Is he behind me? Or I am just hearing things?

I turned around and saw him approaching then went beside me. "Uh, may I know how..... you know.... got here without me hearing the door open?" I asked still surprised at his presence.

He chuckled. "I went in quietly since I know you guys are already asleep. I checked on your room but you weren't there. I saw Luke and Fall sleeping there though. I thought that you would be here. Where else in this place you can go to that is quiet and perfect to think? The balcony."

I smiled a little and chuckled. "Nice guess though." I said then returned my sight at the distance.

"So, uh, are you feeling okay now?"

I shrugged. "Only a tiny bit. After what he told me hours ago, it felt like everything I felt for him just washed away. I don't feel angry nor teary anymore now."

"I see. I can't seem to read that expression present on you." He said that made me look at him.

"I thought it was just a feeling."

He chuckled. "Nope. I can see it perfectly that you are really down after all that."

"I still am. But my bro always tell me to smile. I want to smile, but I can't seem to do it at my fullest. I can only do a weak smile to reassure my mates I'm fine. I don't want them to worry about me so much." I said then he caressed my cheek which made me step back a little.

"Sorry. I kinda forgot." He said then scratched the back of his neck. "You see..... I've been waiting this right time to come. You and me talking without anyone disturbing us."

I got confused. "What do you mean?"

He sighed. "I'm sorry. I know this isn't really the most appropriate time to tell you this but.... I-I..... Have also..... Fallen for you."

Okay. Now that made me surprised. He too has feelings for me? That kinda made this whole thing a little akward.

"Is that why you quickly went out of James' room when the trio were drunk? You were jealous and don't want the any of them to find out because you are afraid that James will get mad at you and you'll lose your friendship with him?"

He nod. "You could put it up that way. That's so damn true."

I placed a hand on his shoulder. "If there's one thing I know about James, he's a really great lad. I'm positive that he won't get mad at you nor lose your friendship with him. You've been with James for almost three years now. You know him better than me. Now, tell me, do you think James would actually do that when he finds out?"