Infinity - One Direction

"And now I'm one step closer to being two steps far from you. When everybody wants you. Everybody wants you."

You leaned against the wall, watching him talk to some girls. You had broken up. You took a step forward, towards him. You didn't move further, afraid of talking.

Of course everyone wanted Calum Hood. Funny, too beautiful for this earth, selfless. He'd hold your hand and tell you how freaking gorgeous you were. You would be able to kiss and cuddle, every word you'd hold onto.

That's what every girl wanted. That's what you had. Until a few days ago. You weren't able to talk to him, knowing he'd already have everyone interested.

You sighed and watched what was once yours.

Ashton:

"How many nights does it take to count the stars? That's the time it would take to fix my heart."

Nothing was the same. Your other half - no, all of you - was gone. You wouldn't be able to move on. You both had promises of I'll always love you. You were keeping that promises, it just wasn't a good promise right now.

After all, Ashton left you. Everyone knew. Some were over the moon, saying how you weren't perfect for him. Maybe you weren't. But, he told you that you could both be imperfect together.

You would never move on. You couldn't. You wanted to, but luck was never on your side. "I just want to forget about him."

"I'm so sorry."

"You deserve better, (y/n)."

"He's missing out."

"You're too amazing for him."

"You'll be okay and he'll be wishing he stayed."

"Just give it time."

But, oh, you have been giving it all of your time. A month and ten days.

Luke:

"How many nights have you wished someone would stay? Lie awake only hoping they're okay."

He couldn't even sleep. He wished you'd stay. That he didn't let you go. That he could take back his hurtful words.

He hoped you were okay, with someone else's arm around you. Someone who would never hurt you. Not even if they got angry at you.

He wished he could have told you how much you meant to him.

"Do I mean anything to you, Luke?"

"Why would you ask that? I have been supportive."

"Yeah. Supportive. You haven't even said you love me in, what, a month? Luke, you come back and don't even spend time with me."

"I'm in a band, (y/n)."

"Oh, sorry, I didn't realize that put me out of the picture. Goodbye, Luke. I'm done. We're done."

Now here he was, still thinking about you. His phone rang. He immediately grabbed it, hoping it was you. The name flashed on the screen: Ashton.

He sighed and rejected the call.

Michael:

"Oh, baby, I was there for you. All I ever wanted was the truth, yeah, yeah."

You were always there for him. Through the covers on YouTube and now their first headlining tour. You wiped away tears with your sleeve.

A sob escaped your lips. You found out all of it was a lie, despite his protests. You found him with someone else. He was making out with someone who wasn't you. You had left, determined to get out of his life.

That didn't work. You still thought about him. He held the key to your heart for two years. But, hers for one month. You had been nothing but supportive.

You would have at least wanted the truth. Instead, she was his forbidden secret. You wiped away more tears, makeup on your sleeve.

You sobbed again, wondering why this happened. Why you deserved this. You were nice to the fans. After all, you were a fan yourself. You wanted nothing but happiness for Michael.

He gave you the exact opposite.