Call You Mine - Ashton imagine

Requested by JessyIfrath!
This imagine is based on the song "Call you mine" by The Chainsmokers and Bebe Rexha.
-----------------------------

You wondered how long it would be. You stared at him, at the male you thought you knew. You could hardly recognize each other anymore. Yes, the appearance was the same but the hearts had turned to stone.

"So, why are we fighting?" Ashton finally asked with a sigh. "Shouldn't we just end it?"

"What?" You wanted to scream about how he could just give up. But, your voice already suffered over the screaming match you had just ended with him. Then, you considered his last question. The relationship wasn't good for either of you, the continuous fighting had taken a toll on your relationship and destroyed the remains. Your voice was softer when you answered, "I don't know."

"It's something we should consider." His voice was monotone, hiding away the man you had gotten used to.

"Maybe." You responded in the same tone, turning around and going to your bedroom - yes, yours. After the fight three weeks ago, you decided to move your things into the other room and he didn't seem to have a problem with it.

You sat against the closed door, thinking about the moment you and Ashton met. It was four years ago, one before you started dating. You met in a club, you could still remember the surprised look on his face.

You leaned against the wall, looking bored as you saw everyone in a crowd. You were staying sober because you volunteered to be the designated driver - but, only if they agreed to buy you some drinks another time.

You glanced around you and saw things were getting heated with a girl and a guy near the bar. You sighed, immediately looking somewhere else to not get caught up in their argument. But, then, you the girl start yelling while the other looked calm and like he was telling himself to not start anything. You went against your thoughts by going to the center of the argument and acting like the calm guy's girlfriend. Hand on his shoulder, you sweetly asked, "Babe, is everything okay?"

Clearly, he didn't think you were helping him out and he looked at you, brows furrowed. "What?"

"Is everything okay?" You asked, giving him a look that told him to play along.

"Yes, everything is fine." He answered. "I was just saying hello to my ex, that's all. This is (girl name)."

"I thought so. Hopefully you're not as bad as it seems. I'm (y/n), his girlfriend!" You happily introduced yourself. You could pick up that she wasn't pleasant, especially with the annoying facial expression she wore.

"Oh, he has a girlfriend?" She asked, a smirk on her face. "How long have you two been dating for?"

"Around four months." You answered, unsure how long ago they broke up.

"Oh? Good for you!" She smiled but there was jealousy in her eyes. "I'll go now and give you two some alone time." She sneered and quickly left.

"So, what are you doing for the rest of your life?" He asked, smiling.

"I don't even know what I'm doing tonight." You shrugged your shoulders. "I wasn't exactly planning on acting like your girlfriend."

"Well, I'm glad you did. I should know the name of my girlfriend. It's (y/n), right?" He asked, remembering when you introduced yourself.

"Right." You responded, feeling like a first name wasn't so bad. It wasn't like you were giving him your Social Security number or your address. "And you are...?" You felt like you had seen him before but you couldn't exactly tell where.

"Er," he seemed to glance around and then lowered his voice, "Ashton." You would have wondered if he was involved with the mafia or something if you didn't recognize his first name.

"Oh." Your eyes widened as you realized his identity. He was the one your sister used to mention when talking about some group she liked.

You smiled to yourself. It was peaceful when things were so simple. You got along great and you were quite interested in him until an interest turned into actual feelings for him. Things seemed to be great until a month ago. But, you weren't sure you could let him go.

There was a knock on the door. You stood up and turned to twist the doorknob and pull it open. You saw Ashton and felt like you were going to burst into tears. "Hey." You greeted, swallowing the lump in your throat.

"Hey. We should talk about things." He said, clearing his throat. You nodded, moving to the side.

"Let's talk, then." You agreed. He entered the room and you closed the door behind him, turning and standing against it.

"This month has been painful. But," He paused, a sigh escaping his lips. "I know this will make me vulnerable, but... I want to try this."

"Me too." You responded. "Let's just... Start over. If things remain the same, we shouldn't put ourselves through this again." You sighed. "Let's lay everything down before we start over."

"Okay." He nodded, sitting down in the chair near the bed. "Let's be honest with each other and communicate."

"Okay, let's do it." You responded, moving to sit on the bed. "Let's take turns." You shrugged.

You both wanted to try and hopefully things would get better. You seriously hoped for that.

-----------------------------

REQUESTS ARE NOW CLOSED. I will post more requests that were sent in but please be patient with me.

I'm going to post a few preferences in-between because I have a few things of my own I want to post. But, I promise I will get to your request.

I love you.