Someone close to you passes away.

Calum:

Your phone rang. You answered it quickly, "Hello?" You had answered so quickly because your grandmother was terribly sick and in the hospital. You kept waiting for the hospital to call.

"Hello, is this (y/n) (l/n)?" A woman's voice asked on the other line.

"Yes, this is her." You replied.

"We're calling to inform you that. . . (grandmother's name) (l/n) passed away this morning. I'm so sorry." Her voice was laced with sympathy.

Your vision went blurry as tears formed. "Thanks for letting me know. Goodbye." You didn't mean to be rude, but you didn't want to talk anymore. You hung up and let out a sob.

Calum quickly entered the room, having an idea of what happened. He hugged you. You cried into his shirt and tried to hold back your sobs. He whispered, "Let it all out."

With those four words, you let out everything. Calum hated seeing you so upset, but he knew there was nothing he could say. You lost someone who had always been there. Ever since you were born.

You eventually felt tired after crying for so long. He laid down next to you,

Ashton:

You picked up your phone and saw you had a missed call from your Dad. You called him back. It rang four times. You turned on the TV.

". . . Flight 124 has crashed into an ocean. It was on its way to England. The plane has been searched for survivors, but there were none." An announcer said on the news.

"That's so sad. . ." You sighed.

"(y/n)." Your Dad's voice came through the phone. "Your mom. . ."

"She arrived to England, right? Did you hear about the plane cra--"

"(y/n), her flight number was 'Flight 124.'" You could hear your Dad holding back sobs.

"What?" You breathed, your vision becoming blurry with tears.

"She's-- She's gone." He hung up, sobbing.

You let out your own sobs, closing your eyes. You wanted everything to disappear, you wanted her back.

"(y/n)?" Ashton quickly appeared at your side, wrapping his arms around you. "What's wrong, baby?"

"M-My mom, Ash. . ." You cried. "She's-- Sh-She's gone."

Ashton's heart broke immediately. He knew your mom and loved her like a girlfriend's-mother-way.

He hugged you and kissed your cheek. "It's going to be alright. . . I can't guarantee when. But, it will. We can get through it together." He was holding back tears of his own. He was surprised, just like you.

Luke:

"Hey, Luke." You smiled. He looked at you, his eyes full of sadness and nervousness. "What's wrong?"

"(y/n). . . (your best friend's name). . . Is gone. There was a robbery where she was and she. . . Didn't make it."

Your legs gave out as you fell to the floor, leaning over. You sobbed, tears falling. Luke held you close, wrapping his arms around you from behind. He couldn't imagine how it felt if he lost Calum, Ashton, or Michael.

"No!" You screamed, not wanting it to be true. You continued sobbing. Luke felt heartbroken, he felt your pain. It hurt to see you like this. "Why did it have to be her?!" You asked, breaking down. It was selfish, but she was young and she was so kind.

"I don't know, (y/n). . ." He looked at you, his blue eyes full of sadness. "I'm sorry. She was your best friend. She always will be."

You felt more tears run down your cheeks. "I'm sorry. . ." Your voice cracked.

"Don't apologize. Don't apologize, okay? (y/n), I understand. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay." You sniffled. "Thank you for being here."

"Of course."

Michael:

Everything happened so fast. Everything was a blur. There was screeching of tires and you screams mixed with your Dad's. Your head colliding with the window, glass shattering as the car spun. A man yelling, "I've called the ambulance! Stay still! Don't move!"

Having the ambulance put you on a stretcher before your consciousness slipped away.

--

You woke up, your eyes slowly opening. "What?" You looked to your left, seeing a heart monitor. Your heart rate went up as you remembered what happened. Was your Dad okay? What happened?

Dad. Dad. Dad.

Michael came to your side, "Babe, calm down. Calm down, okay? The doctor should be here soon. Thank God you're okay."

"Michael. . ." You breathed. "Where's my-- Where's my Dad?"

"(y/n)--"

"Is he okay?" You asked, knowing Michael was trying to avoid the topic.

"No. . . (y/n), he's not okay." Michael sighed. "He didn't make it. . . I'm sorry."

"What?" You breathed, shock taking over you.

"They couldn't do anything to save him. He was almost gone when he arrived at the hospital."

"It should have been me." You whispered, tears forming in your eyes.

"(y/n)," Michael looked at you, tears in his eyes. He didn't want to see you this upset, he didn't know how to make it better.

"Michael, i-it should have been." The tears fell faster and a sob escaped your lips.

"(n/n), there's a reason why it wasn't you. And there's nothing I can say to make you feel better. It sucks. I'm sorry that he didn't make it." Michael leaned over and hugged you. "But, I'll be with you through it all and everything. I love you."

You wiped away more tears. "I love you too. Thank you."