You Don't Love Me Like You Should - Hey Violet

Calum:

"Lately, I'm defeated.
Wanting you to read my mind."

You sighed. Nothing was working out. You wanted to get kisses from Calum, hugs, even cuddles. But, you never did. You knew his band was important. You loved the band. You just needed to feel wanted.

He was always working. At this point, you wanted him to read your mind. Just to know that he should be affectionate or at least say 'I love you.'

"I just want him to read my mind sometimes." You sighed, looking at your friend.

"(y/n), he won't know unless you tell him."

"Shouldn't he know?" You asked.

"Maybe. If he were a mind-reader. But, he's not. Plus, he has a lot on his mind."

"I don't know. I just wonder if he loves me." You said.

"If he didn't, he'd dump you." She replied.

"Thank you. But, I just need to think about this." You stared at the long sleeves of your shirt.

Ashton:

"Are we dead or half asleep?
Love me right, oh baby, it's time to leave."

You took a deep breath, holding your suitcase. You knocked on the door to the rehearsal room. "Ashton."

"(y/n), I'm-- Wait, why are you holding a suitcase?"

"Ashton, are we dead? Half asleep maybe?"

"What are you talking abo--"

"I think it's time for me to leave. I just feel unloved. We can't call this a relationship. It's nothing now. I know you say you love me, but do you really?" You asked.

"I-I do. I think I do."

"You think you do! Ash, that's exactly my point, okay? You never have time for me anymore. And this has been happening for months. I can't do this anymore. I can't be the one who is in love while you're not. I'm sorry." You turned around and walked towards the door.

"(y/n), wait!" Ashton followed you. "Please, don't leave. I do. I do love you."

"Ash, I've given you months."

"But, you haven't told me! You didn't tell me so here I am thinking everything is fine. Give me another chance."

"I'm sorry. You haven't shown me you--"

"I'm broken at the thought of you wanting to leave me, (y/n)! If that's not love, what is?" He asked with tears in his eyes.

Your heart broke. "Ash," you looked at him. "It takes me leaving you for you to realize you love me. I don't want that. I'm sorry." You didn't stop the tears running down your face.

Luke:

"I got a heart that wants to vandalize
And run away from you for good."

You frowned at him. "What, Luke? You know you should have treated me better instead of blowing me off for your friends."

"(y/n), I know. Just stop waving it in front of my face, please. I want to talk."

"Waving it in your face?" You scoffed. "Is that what 'I deserve better' sounds like, Lucas?"

"Well, no, but. . . I want to get back together."

"Look, Luke, you're a great person. But, you'll find a girl who you can dodge the bullet with. My heart just wants to run away from you. You had the chance, Luke."

"I know--"

"I'm sorry. But, there's nothing you can say or do. Goodbye, Luke."

"(y/n), I love you."

"I love you too. But, I can't do this."

"I just want to say I'm sorry."

"I know, Luke. I'm sorry that I'm not able to do this. Goodbye." You closed the door.

Michael:

"We had break and make ups
Up and down, on and off."

"Michael, what do you want to happen? It's never the same after you breakup. What are we? Dating? Not dating?" You asked.

"I don't know. All I know is that I love you." Michael sighed.

"I know, I know. But, this isn't healthy. You know that. We can't keep doing this."

"Then, go out with me. We can work this out." [A/N: High school Musical anyone? No? Okay.]

"I don't know, Michael. I just need to think, okay?"

"You know that never ends well." Michael said.

"Maybe it will. But, I don't know. You have to give me some time. Please."

"Okay. . . But, if you don't call in two weeks, then we'll know." Michael looked at you one last time before walking out the door, leaving you to think.

------------------------

I had to hold back from making happy endings. Because, well, this is a breakup song. . . Right?