Prophecy of Heroes Pt 3 (Disney AU)

The dungeon was dark and wet. Ezri sat on the barrel that lay in the back of the cell and watched Sam pace back and forth. The pirates had put everyone in pairs in the cells.

"Sam, just sit down," she said. "There's nothing we can do."

Sam huffed and put his hands on his hips. "I can't believe this happened," he said. "What are we going to do now?"

"I don't know," said Ezri. She fumbled with the hem of her skirt. She worried about her brother. Sam sat down on the barrel next to Ezri.

Over the course of their journey so far, Ezri hadn't known what to make of Sam, of all of them. Dean she felt close with, comfortable. Castiel was obviously her brother, and Steve was...Steve. But Sam felt different. Ezri felt as though she had known him for her whole life, but she got the vibe that she should be mad at him for some reason. She felt...jealous. But there was no reason for her to be jealous! It was absurd. Still, the feeling remained, no matter how many times she reasoned with herself. Finally, sitting there, she came to the realization that Sam must be betrothed to someone, being a prince and all.

"Sam, are you betrothed to someone?" she asked quite abruptly, an uncomfortable idea forming n her head. She was afraid to get the answer but she didn't know why. Surely, she doesn't have feelings for him, right? But when she looked at him, she felt her heart flutter.

"I am," he said. "Princess JJ."

Ezri felt her heart stutter and she looked away to hide her rather sudden rush of emotions.

"Why do you ask?" he said.

"Just curious," she said quietly. She looked down at her hands in her lap. She was suddenly very sad, which was absurd. She hardly knew him that long, she shouldn't be upset about this. But she was.

As she mulled over this, she began getting faint memories of things that didn't make much sense. Like maybe this wasn't her role in life...wasn't she a..........a spirit guide. She was a spirit guide assigned to the Winchester brothers. This was a curse! But she wasn't supposed to interfere. Which meant she definitely wasn't supposed to have feelings for the brothers, other than the love she already held. But she looked over at Sam again and she felt the same fluttering feeling in her chest.You aren't supposed to feel this way about him! She scolded herself. This wasn't supposed to happen and she was angry at herself for it, but what was she to do?

She knew exactly what she was going to do. She would bury these distracting feelings and do her job, that's what. Besides, Sam had JJ. Even in this universe he had her. There was no place for Ezri.

All of a sudden, the top of their cell opened up in a starry burst and a figure came down, landing before Ezri and Sam. It was the great Zebra Goddess, Colleen! She was in her human form and was wearing a flowing dress that was neon green zebra print.

"My children," she said in her angelic voice. "It seems you are in a jam."

"Colleen!" Sam and Ezri said simultaneously as they stood up.

"I'm going to help you out of this jam," said Colleen. "Queen Kara the Malevolent has captured my husband, Matt, and forced him to work for her. She has angered me for the last time and I want to see you succeed in your quest against her. Therefore, I'm helping you escape. I'm going to go unnoticed and give Captain Kirk an idea. He's going to get you out of here then. All of you, because he was destined be a member of this quest."

"Oh, merciful one! How can we ever repay you?" asked Sam.

"By defeating Kara and freeing my husband. That will be payment enough," she said.