The Deal

Amish AU universe, different location, about 5 years into the Future

JJ knocked on the dark wood door and stepped back, waiting for a reply. When she got one, she grasped the gold doorknob and opened the door, closing it behind her. The room was dark, nearly pitch black. A single light shone from the center of the room, and in the dim light JJ could make out a big mahogany desk with a tall leather chair behind it. The light came from a green lamp on the desk.

The leather chair swiveled around, revealing the person in it. He regarded her coolly as he stroked the white cat in his lap.

"Have you decided?" he asked.

"Yes. I want to do it," JJ said. "I've been ignored and rejected for far too long. It's time I rewrite this story, my way."

He nodded slowly. "Good choice, my dear."

"What's the cost? You mentioned a cost."

"The cost is that someone in the main cast, must die. And before this story is through," he said. "No regeneration through different AUs, no magic spells to bring them back to life. Their death will be permanent this time."

JJ flinched. "But-"

"No negotiating," he said. "You will get what you wish, and someone will die. That is, if that's still what you want."

JJ hesitated. "I never imagined someone would have to die-"

"Do you want to spend the rest of eternity trapped in these worlds? Worlds upon worlds where your fate is always the same. You're cast aside, rejected by the two people you love most in the worlds. Do you want to continue living your life as a side character? Or do you want to take back what is rightfully yours, and become the protagonist of this and future worlds? I cannot change anything without the proper death of a main character, and this deal is exactly what we both need to secure happier lives. Are you ready to take that leap?"

"I am," she said with determination.

"Now go," he said. "Get ready for your precious date."

JJ walked back towards the door- which was now a portal- her head held high, her clothes slowly transforming into what she would wear in the next universe.

Saruman laughed a deep, maniacal laugh. Things would soon fall into place.

By: Father Parpar and Luci