Downtown Doldrums Pt 2 (20s/Ghost AU)

That Thursday, Jimmy, Steve, Charlie, and Dean went to the Cocktail Lounge. Dean drove separately, with Cas sitting next to him. The five of them entered through the side door in the alley. It was hidden from the road. Dean stepped up to the door, Cas close on his heels. He knocked and the door cracked open. A man poked his head out. Dean lifted the lapel of his suit to show his flower pin. The man nodded and opened the door wider. Dean went through and found a well-lit stair well leading down. The others followed close behind. At the bottom of the stairs, there was a fancy set of double doors. Two butlers opened the doors for them and gestured into the club.

Dean gasped when he saw the inside. It was beautiful! The ceiling was high, crystal chandeliers hanging from it. Pillars lined the two walls, sprouting leafy crowns on top that gave off a soft light. The trim at the top of the walls were embossed with matching leafy designs. Wing-backed chairs provided seating around low, carved wood tables. The dance floor at the other side of the room was hardwood, as opposed to the red carpet of the rest of the place. A small stage sat at the far wall, in front of the floor, where a small band played. People danced across the floor to the upbeat music. More people sat and talked in the lounge area.

One chair in particular had an especially high back and was fancier than the rest. Several other chairs were around it, seating older business men smoking cigars and sipping brandy. And seated in the center, high backed chair, was none other than Paris herself. Who else could it be? She wore an elegant light coral dress. Beads and pearls decorated her neck, ears, and fingers. Upon her head, she wore a headband adorned with pearls, diamonds, and feathers. In her hand, she held a champagne flute filled with sparkling champagne. She was the image of elegance as she sat with her legs crossed, listening to one of the business men tell a story.

"Alright, Steve, Jimmy, you go find Gacé and see what he can tell us," said Dean. The two nodded and left.

"I'll go talk to Paris," said Charlie with a grin.

"No, you will go find Kara and Matt," said Dean, pulling her back. "I hear they spend a lot of time together so they'll probably be together. Don't get distracted by the flappers."

"You too," she said sassily, then she left. Once Dean was alone, he said, "C'mon Cas. Let's go talk to the big cheese."

Dean waited until the meeting seemed to break up, Paris standing and shaking hands with the men. One of the men who stood up was none other than...Sam. He and Ezri both stood and shook hands with Paris. Dean stood there, mouth hanging open. Sam noticed him and came over.

"Dean?" he said. "What are you doing here?"

"I never would've guessed you'd be consorting with the enemy," Dean joked. "Don't worry, I'm not here to bust this place. I'm here about the case."

"Dean, I'm really sorry. It's just, this place is a really good investment for us," said Sam, still looking uneasy.

"It's fine, Sammy. I'm not here about that. I'm actually waiting to talk to the big cheese over there, Paris. I got a tip about these people here knowing something about the killer."

"Really?" Sam asked, surprised.

"Yeah. Hey, look. Why don't you and Ezri go get yourselves a drink? I need to talk to her," said Dean. He handed Sam a few bills.

After the men all dispersed, Paris looked right at Dean. Dean, startled that she noticed him waiting for her, came over and sat when she gestured to one of the chairs.