■■ Daydream

Hold on to anything just so you don't crash.

It was difficult for Mitch to find himself.

It was like one second you were sure of your life's direction then after that, poof! The assuredness of your road just came to a blank wall, a dead end.

It's like getting a map to a paper town you've never heard before.

It's just like, all that has happened these days were a pack of jokes for Mitch. Like, he came back to square one after that closure.

Why did I make it so difficult to take? He asked himself.

There are so many questions that he needed answers but he can't just give it to himself. One person might help him.

Esther.

He tried calling Esther but it was always her voicemail to answer.

"Uh, mommy Est, it's Mitch. I just called you." He said then let it hang it up.

He called Scott on the phone too and as he picked up, "Scott. Hey."

"Hey Mitch, what's happening?" Scott greeted.

Mitch sighed and asked his best friend, "If I ever tell you that something has changed about me that you've believed was the truth, will you get angry?"

"No." Scott answered. "I would still be your best friend. Even if it takes being away from you and you forgetting me."

Mitch laughed at this. "I would never forget you, silly."

"You thought." Scott laughed too.

"So goodbye for now, Scotty. Thank you." Mitch said.

Scott sighed and said, "Take care, Mitchie." And he hung up the phone.

Mitch sighed heavily. He was like picking sticks on a row of rocks. It sounds dumb but that's how he's finding himself.

"I fucked this up. Damn it." He whispered.

He continued walking at the streets of Los Angeles and continued contemplating his life.

He wished that he never let himself talk to Kirstie from the very first, but without Kirstie, would he even be living by this level? Maybe no, because she wouldn't be in Pentatonix, and it wouldn't be Pentatonix. It would be much more miserable.

He filled himself with these endless thoughts until he was snapped by flickering lights from some paparazzi.

Damn, they're great at doing their job. Mitch thought.

"Mitch! Is it true that you've been with Kirstie these past three days?" One of the paparazzi asked.

Mitch continued walking slowly and replied, "Yes I was." He looked at the camera and smiled a bit.

"What did you do?" The reporter asked.

"Nothing much, we separated ways so I don't really know." He laughed and grinned at the reporter.

Mitch was already feeling uncomfortable as the three men of paparazzi became five, then some fans gone here and there around him. This wasn't expected but queries about his relationship with Kirstie came flooding in.

I can't even answer a fucking question myself. Mitch thought but hid it.

"How are you feeling by Kirstie's new fiancé?" One of the paparazzi asked.

Mitch raised his eyebrow and stopped walking for a moment, "The real question is, should I feel something other than being happy for her?"

The group of paparazzi continued to follow him but the reporter who got what Mitch's answer was dumbfounded.

Mitch was right, what could he say about it? It happened already but, could he really be strong enough to say that he's only happy by Jeremy's proposal?

He can't be lying to himself again; he's upset by it. He really was. It was quite unexpected and the wound he got from his past relationship with Kirstie was just trying to heal.

There was something in him that was hurt, setting aside his heart. Maybe it was his pride of being Kirstie's.

Minute by minute, Mitch's personal space is invaded by a mob around his petite body. It was suffocating, including his thoughts.

Later, he took pictures with fans over here and there, he signed shirts and phones, he received many letter but the group of paparazzi was ruining it all.

The suffocation got real when all in his front were only the paparazzi.

"Mitch!" Dot. Dot. Dot. "Kirstie!"

Then it's again and again shouted by all people with cameras in front of him.

"Oh, I don't even give a single fuck anymore." Mitch mumbled under his breath.

There were already fans who guarded him and shouted, "You're already surpassing your boundaries!" Or, "Stop squishing Mitch, give him space and know your limits!"

Some fans were already crying because of panic attacks and by this, he was also shouting, "How about you give each other spaces to breathe, or some of you just leave? I can't promise but I'll meet you the next time, in a more formal way than this!"

But flashing lights won't leave and other fans were caught stuck in the crowd.

All he could do is call Scott. But...

He accidentally dialed Kirstie's number.