▶■■ First Heartbreak

That one day you might leave me, and it keeps me up all night. I guess that means I really love you.

Mitch woke up, expecting Kirstie to be gone by his side. He tried moving his arms but there was still a weight on it.

Kirstie? What could she be doing here still? That's what he first thought.

Mitch never wanted Kirstie to be caught by Jeremy. Maybe she overslept? Then that was the first time she let oversleeping to govern her.

It's near to one month they were doing the same moves yet, this was the first time. Mitch tried to resist not leaving traces, especially on her body.

Kirstie then fluttered her eyes open and scratched it. "Mitch? I didn't go home, right?" Her groggy voice muttered.

"Yes, princess." Mitch replied. "Why didn't you?"

"Jeremy is going to be flying to another country by now." She said, shifting her position to hug Mitch's chest. "He was hired to shoot a music video with some sort of a group. Voctave, I suppose."

Mitch nodded, shifting his position a bit for a comfortable back rest.

"I've heard Voctave once and they are great, I must say." He smiled. "Why didn't you go with him?"

"I wanted to spend my free time with you." She answered softly. "Perhaps, I missed you."

Mitch played with her hair and looked at her eyes. After creating a contact, he sighed and looked at the ceiling. He stared at a blank space, but he tried reminding himself that this is only temporary.

"Maybe because we truly loved each other." Mitch answered. "Or maybe because, it should have been us after all that happened."

"I want to believe in all that you are saying." Kirstie said. "But there's a reason behind all these. Maybe you really were mine just temporarily."

There was an awkward silence after that.

They have been contemplating the same thing over and over again: how they got each other back. They should be in separate ways by now if they weren't for each other.

But maybe, just maybe... The one that kept them separated is how they felt for each other and how it all ended. They were each other's first heartbreak.

Mitch sighed, trying to break the awkward atmosphere. After all, they are friends with benefits, if they must name their current relationship.

"I want to reminisce a moment in our lives." He said. "Like bringing something back, even just in this moment."

"We did it all in San Francisco." Kirstie replied. "All that we could remember."

"But there was something that we didn't get to do." Mitch said.

"What?"

"Do you remember when we watched movies and we sang one of their soundtracks?"

"Oh, I remember recording a song with you included in the soundtrack of the Titanic movie if I must say."

"Yep."

"What do you want to do now? Do you plan for us to watch a movie again and sing?"

"No."

"So, what do you want to do then?"

"We sing a song and make a movie out of it."

"You mean, we cover a certain song then create a music video out of it?"

"Yes, you got it."

Kirstie stood up and flexed her body and tried to freshen her mind to another day. Mitch looked at her before doing the same thing.

"So, where do we record the song?" Kirstie asked.

Mitch led her to one of the rooms in the house; the recording studio. Kirstie knew it even from the first step to the wooden floor. The studio was quite big; maybe because it was originally the master's bedroom.

Kirstie grinned and, "So, what will be the theme of our movie?"

"Choose a song." Mitch said.

Kirstie just smiled, knowing what song to sing. "Gonna Get Over You by Sara Bareilles featuring Ryan Tedder."

"I think I haven't heard of it." Mitch told her.

"C'mon Mitchell! Just listen to it." Kirstie smiled. Her smile was from cheek to cheek, enabling her to get this certain glow that only Mitch would see.

"Let's just sing all songs we get to sing, alright?" Mitch said and petted Kirstie's hair.

"You said that!" Kirstie's voice was heard around the room, including the giggle that she released after her statement.

"Yeah, I did." Mitch said, turning on the things he needed for a nice and live recording.

He felt like that was right thing to do when it was the worst thing to imagine: to cheat on Jeremy. He knows that he shouldn't be trying to crash what relationship he has with Jeremy; their friendship. But as long as Kirstie, the woman whom he loved even from childhood, would want him by her side, he doesn't mind to count stars; to come back a thousand times.

For now, even only for this moment, he was hers and she was his.