▶ Eyelashes

surprise unedited update because i'm working on something ;)

I can barely remember most of what was said during our last; conversation, overthinkin’, still so hard for me to see past.

If backspace is available, I would erase the moment that I have said that I love you, I wouldn't have said yes. Don't worry, I have moved on now, but I have a question, did you really love me?

That question alone makes me want to linger into something; into us.

But, I have moved on, ain't I right? I have moved on...

***

It's the wedding day. Almost everybody who are willing to attend the event said in their minds.

The color of white filling the place was a sight to be expected, of course. The venue was a cathedral which Kirstie was shocked of, but it was one of the things that Jeremy is eager of insisting.

The venue was the famous Grace Cathedral.

The first place in San Francisco where Mitch tried cutting every romantic feelings he feels for Kirstie.

It was also the first place in San Francisco where Kirstie vividly remembered how her precious first wedding went.

"Kirstie," That was Esther's voice bringing her back to earth. She also tapped the shoulder of the soon-to-be Lewis, "Congratulations." She added.

Kirstie smiled at Esther as a response and let her stylist do her makeup.

Candice and the other girls did not make it early to witness the makeover, but they promised to arrive in time.

"It was like yesterday that I was on your feet." Esther said. "I mean, I was happily married to."

Kirstie was only blankly staring at herself. Was she happy? Yes, her heart has been bouncing over the joy she is feeling.

"But one thing bothers me very much," Esther says and her voice made Kirstie look at her. "I have been your mother during tours but I'm really curious to know about this something."

Could it be possible that she could see through the younger woman?

No, that must not be it, yet it could be.

Esther has always been a mother for the members of Pentatonix, not just a sister to Avi. She's a family to them. If she knew how nervous Kirstie is about this decision of getting married, no one will be shocked and no one will question it; it's like the closest thing to happen which you can call a natural event.

Kirstie mentally gulped and shook, but she tried concealing it with a smile.

With knitted eyebrows, Esther asked, "Why a cathedral?"

Kirstie felt like a ton lighter.

It's only most likely to happen, calm down Kirst. She thought.

She giggled and said, "Oh, it's Jeremy persistence which got us here." She smiled.

"And why do you look like you're hiding something?" Esther replied.

If it's possible to be as frozen as how memories are trapped inside of a photograph, Kirstie would have been described the same way. She only felt breathing, the query got her off her guard.

Kirstie smiled again, this one with the signature smile she's always showing. She decided what words to say and the only one which came out was, "What?"

She heard Esther laugh a bit, "I know I should say gotcha, but sis, it's only a joke." She continued laughing again. "You looked very serious and overwhelmed."

Kirstie also laughed it off to ease the little tension she built up with herself.

"I only tested your acting skill." Esther said. "You're good that it's kind of funny because you did great."

Esther calmed herself down and added, "I'm proud of you girl, from all you achieved to do to all you did as a woman."

Kirstie smiled at her and replied with, "I'm proud of you also, Esther."

***

I'm getting married, I'm getting married. The tension was up and she's already in front the cathedral, walking her way like a real princess.

This is it, now work it, Kirstin. She told herself.

Cameras were everywhere and slight cheers too; some fans tried to participate the event. Her family were watching her as well, and Jeremy's too.

She was feeling a bit nervous about her heels, but there was her father to guide her in her way.

Years ago, Kirstie's parents were arguing a lot, but they promised that they will be good parents to their children; they did not separate and they were sorry for the distress they brought their daughter.

"I'm proud of you, Kirstin." Her father said, smiling upon her.

She smiled back as response and looked at her friends. She was very close to crying her eyes out, the moment was so ethereal and it felt so magical.

Until the moment of truth came; the moment she saw Mitch's face as her father gives her to Jeremy's hand.

Mitch mouthed an, "I'm proud of you."

That's where Kirstie cried one tear and tried to be stronger. Her heart was now assured of her decision; everything never felt so right.

She looked at Jeremy's eyes and she's ready to love this man now.

She made it through ups and downs with Lewis. She's now ready for any retaliation as she created the shield she needed to protect her precious heart.

Everything's at ease now, after bricks then buildings collapsing.