■■ Funny

The same thing that built you is the same thing that kills you. If you're at the top, then brace for the fall.

Jeremy

She came back home already again, but I never tried to even protest. I never tried to tell her to stop going out, or tried to force her to talk to me about why she is acting like that.

I know, I know, you're looking at me like, "why wouldn't you do that? She's your fiancé, you have all the right to question her!" But you'll rather be quiet now, if you were me.

I've done too much, I know. I sent death threats to Mitch and that was it. That was my final blow.

Being reminded of how she cares for Mitch, and how people saw me as the antagonist, it also hurt me. It hurt mainly to the core, wholly even my ego.

I only crashed my ego even more as I tried the way of proposing to her. I thought it would be a good plan, but it will be never a good plan.

She hesitated at first, I felt it.

I love her, that's the problem; too much that I could be this humorously stupid. I love her that I couldn't afford losing her by asking her to just leave me. I love her even though currently, I am not her real happiness.

One more reason is that, I am sure of it even I don't have any proofs. She does the crime cleaner that I have expected. There were even no public issues about it, but I feel it in my guts, she's doing me wrong.

Now, as I contemplate, I watch her from the dining room, cooking breakfast. She's a perfect woman every man would want; reason why I want her to be happy.

But what could I do else if I am not that man who couldn't make her happy? Am I not enough, or I'm just really not meant for her?

"Kirstie." I call her involuntarily.

Her face softens as it was tense a while ago, she smiles at me and I smile back.

"Why, honey?" She asked.

"Nothing," I answered. "You just look fabulous, as always."

She averted her eyes from me to look at the pan. She laughed a little and I could see her still smiling, "Are you hungrily okay there?" Her voice bounced around the kitchen.

It might be only because of my deep pondering, but her voice is what catches me. If she was mute, it would only be her eyes. There was something certain within her voice though, like it echoes throughout your soul and bounces back to cause you a smile.

It lights up a spark, and a fire as she sings; this is only one of her good characteristics. No wonder she's irresistible.

I'm going to marry one of the best masterpieces God has created.

"Hey Jer, still alive, babe?" She called out to me.

I woke up from a non-ending daydream.

"Yes baby, still alive to love you even more." I said.

I hear her laugh, like what I said was a joke, but it was sweet to the ears.

"Really? I'm sure you're dead hungry there." She said and laughed for a bit.

"No I'm not, I'm okay just by your side." I replied.

She goes with two plates on a tray, then she got back to the kitchen to get some utensil and some beverage.

The way she grace with her body, I swear to my living entity, she's beautiful. She was really the woman I've been living for.

"Do you still love me?" I asked her.

She looked at me for a second, then diverted her head to the food. She answered me, "Yes, of course, I still do, Jeremy."

I waited for an additional statement there, assuring me that it will continue until forever. Or until always. Or until eternity. Or her love for me will be forevermore.

But what I expected from her mouth did not come out.