■■ City Dove

Don't know what it's all about, but everytime I look around, all I see is how we're holdin' on.

Jeremy

"Oh, Jeremy!" Mitch chirped. He scratched his nape and, "It's nice to see you again after all that has happened."

I nodded. "Yeah it was, but can I stay the night here? It's okay for me to sleep with you and Scott, or on the sofa."

I was nervous. Asking a favor for a person I hurt badly? I sure have this thick pride and ego to even ask one, but I'm alone everywhere I go, even at the place I call my home. What even is home if there's no Kirstie there?

"It's okay." I heard Mitch answer. He opened his door widely, telling me to enter already.

As soon as I had a step in Mitch's apartment, I felt that something was already odd, something was off for an alone person to live in a flat, even from before I entered the place.

I frowned for a bit but entered the room. I really hope that I could get the same friendship I had with Mitch before I met Kirstie. I miss hanging out with old friends.

He offered me a sit on a couch, it was comfortable so I really felt relaxed, never minding how disturbed I am from a while ago.

I saw Scott gracing his body to the kitchen with Mitch, and that was my signal to realize that I am going to be the only one in the living room for a moment.

I was curious about the whole place, to be honest. I wouldn't mind being Mitch's neighbor but oh boy, the neighborhood's relaxing even at a starry night.

I don't know but I can feel it that there's something more here, something that got attached to me and tells me not to go home. I feel like I should stay longer here.

Mitch laughed at the background that made me glance at the kitchen's direction.

I don't know if I was hallucinating because of exhaustion and longing for my fiancé, but I saw her figure running rapidly, maybe as fast as the lightning? I don't know, one blink and she's gone.

"Okay, let's just eat then we'll sleep, maybe Jeremy is exhausted because of his flight." Mitch announced.

That's very, very odd. Yes, with the emphasized very. "How did you know I was from a flight?"

Mitch seemed to flinch for a minute but regained his poker face and smiled.

"Your baggage, duh?" He chuckled and went to the dining table. "C'mere John Cena and eat." He chuckled even more.

"Are you drunk?" I asked while going towards the table.

He just smiled and denied it. He was a fast thinker, I know how Mitch's resistance is strong among all his friends when it comes to alcohol drinking. He doesn't get drunk that easy. I went to the table and chose my seat.

We ate, drank and sat on our seats until we have finished telling stories to each other. We got the recent ones and also the memories, from how I met Mitch, to Scott's first impression of me, to the news they brought me about my Kirstie.

She's my fiancé now so I have the right to call her my possession, should I consider this correct? I suppose.

"I remember how Kirstie really felt the lyrics on Water." Scott chuckled, maybe it's the alcohol doing it. "She may have almost brought her heart literally because, it was wonderful, to be honest."

I laughed and grinned like crazy, maybe it's the alcohol as well but I felt in my heart that Water is a sentimental song for me. Even though she wrote it with Kevin, somehow, it felt like it was for the love of her life.

I am sure that it was for me, not until when Scott said, "She was looking at Mitch at those times, maybe rooting for some inspiration? Mitch is her-"

Mitch slapped his thigh, "Role model." He continued. It brought uneasiness to me, because Scott's drunk language is beginning and, we all know that it is a colorful language of truth.

"Kirstie would even say to some interviews," Mitch added. "She always said that my voice can reach higher than hers, but she just doesn't know that she's more than what she knows she is. She's a vocal angel."

I nodded, but that must be because my mind wasn't stable enough to process what he said. It almost slipped out of his tongue, but I saw it in his eyes, he almost said the other reasons why he still loves Kirstie.

Maybe that was just jealousy in my mind, but I swear, something is wrong here.