■■ Talk

They don't say what they're really wanna say; hopes and fears, smoke and mirrors.

"Is your voice tired now?" Mitch asked when they had a quick break from recording and shooting the music videos of their covers.

"My body wants to say yes." Kirstie said and drank from her bottle of water. "But my brain wants to say no."

"Let's just take the rest of the night as a rest, then you go home to Jeremy as soon as you can." Mitch said and stood up.

Kirstie watched Mitch as where he went. Is this how you watch somebody you love from a distant? She thought.

It was quick of how she watched him walking to the fridge, but it was how she adored this man, how she is willing to sacrifice everything, even her pride as woman to a dedicated man, just for Mitch. She doesn't even know what point she started to love Mitch, or what the main reason is.

She didn't even bother to not stare at him, he was this pure beauty which can attract every people without them knowing; and she was one of those off-guard people he caught.

"Are you hungry?" He asked her with that voice which can stab through your lungs and take your breath away. "I can get you a microwavable food. I can cook as well, if you prefer that."

Kirstie laughed at this, because she knows that Mitch couldn't cook that good. "Are you offering me something edible or something I cannot even chew?"

"The food I cook now is chewable." Mitch laughed as well. "I learned how to cook just this Wednesday, after cooking at Scott's. I panicked when I heard something click on the stove."

The story made Kirstie smile at thought and finally said, "My sweetcheeks, you cook and I will watch you, and maybe guide you too."

Mitch brushed his fingers through his hair and pulled it, releasing some pain from his head because of exhaustion. He didn't want Kirstie to notice it, so he smiled after a second of frowning in pain.

He nodded and went to the kitchen, he got the things he needed to use, until a knock went to his door. Kirstie responded late to it when Mitch obviously volunteered on answering, saying, "Wait for a minute, please."

It's dangerous for Kirstie to answer a mysterious and an unusual knock at my door. Wise Mitch thought.

When he placed down his cooking materials, he ran to his apartment door, thinking it could be Scott or no one; because no one really knocks at a door in a nighttime, except if the person or the entity is a best friend, or whenever it's necessary. This day, nothing is really important but Jeremy's flight being possibly cancelled, so they need to be careful.

He opened the door and saw Scott's smile in front of him. He didn't panic, it wasn't the right time to panic.

"Oh hey Scott!" Mitch intended to shout loudly. "It's good to see you again!"

As soon as Kirstie heard Mitch's yell, she hurriedly thought of a place to hide in; not caring if it's even a hideout from a human. She just needs a hiding place.

Mitch continued on talking with Scott. "I missed you terribly, Mitch!" Scott said.

"We just met on the set of our shooting the recent Superfruit video." Mitch replied.

Scott scratched his head and, "Maybe that was not enough because I was all the time bothered of how you are doing."

"Scott?" Mitch giggled. "Why are you acting like that?"

"I'm like your parent, Mitch." Scott answered. "So please, if I'm only checking on you, don't even question me because I will always feel that it is my duty to do so."

Mitch just laughed and heard the words, "Oh, and I brought someone, it's not Alex though, but he just came to me to join the both of us in drinking. I still don't trust this guy, but he's willing to be good tonight."

Sounds of what it seemed putting down a luggage on wooden floor is what he heard. It sent chills to every part of his body, sending that hurtful electricity in his head, not even minding to feel that he's already having it numb. He just froze by the moment he heard it.

He heard Scott open his mouth, "He called me to come for him since he left and when he came home, Kirstie went to somewhere else."

Then Scott revealed Jeremy.