■■ All In My Head

oops, my hand slipped. this is unedited.

Maybe this is what I needed, maybe this is a sign, maybe I've been blind to reality; time for me to move on now.

After the wedding, a lot of things happened. The second year that Kirstie was married, Pentatonix were split and temporarily stopped from the music industry, something like hiatus. The boys can't be performing without their precious girl.

Kevin also got married and Avi got engaged. Scott and Alex were still happily living as a couple, while Mitch lived independently.

Mitch lived as Mint's neighbor for the following five years after the past two years without Pentatonix, visiting her casually as she needs some friend to accompany with.

For the first three years, they had so much fun together, but never was it Mitch's intention or Mint's intention to be in love to one another. They only have this strong platonic relationship that Mitch previously, and still builds, with Scott.

Oh, and Scömìche still do some Superfruit videos, keeping their bond stronger than ever. It's just that, life evolves within them and they become more busy as individuals. They were still the best friends who are comfortable with each other, but Mitch is becoming more closer to Mint.

During the remaining two years, Mint has her bank account already settled for family planning and her age is finally ready for something mature, so she decided to allow love to take her way.

At first, she was scared to do so because of the story of Mitch and Kirstie, she was also afraid of the bigger distress to come in her life if ever she fails or if ever there comes a problem.

But God really does make great ways.

After a year of waiting and finding for love, when she met Jim, that's when she had this daughter image to Mitch.

She would ask him once in a while with questions such as, "will Jim find me weird if ever he knew about my mental illness? Will he accept me?"

Mitch always laughed about her crazy antics and thoughts to ease her insecurities, but he knew that it was never easy for Mint. He doesn't even know if that Jim guy will take care of his fragile friend.

At the end, he always told her that everything's going to be alright. He also talked with Jim and he's a nice guy; he even is the shy type of a man, but he's a brave one when he voices his feelings out, like when he asked Mitch for Mint's hand for a wedding.

It felt surreal when after four months of being friends and six months of being in a relationship, there's already Mint trying to invite Mitch as the one to stand as her father.

There's a lot of things that Mitch knew about Mint, and one of these is her having no father to support her. Her mother died when she got out of college so it was mentally painful for her to live as an adult, feeling alone for years until her faith arose.

Seven years without Pentatonix went fast, and now, Mitch is again preparing for a wedding.

"I'm so excited for this event." Mint told Mitch with teary eyes as she spoke with him through the phone.

He was on a look for houses for himself around a certain neighborhood; he wanted Mint to be used of how she must frequently not look for him.

Being attached to someone or something is not that easily removed.

"Of course I know, Ms. Cabbage." Mitch said with a laugh.

He never ceased to tease Mint with such nickname for he met her with mint green hair which suited her a lot. She dyed it silver ombre now but Mitch would only tell her that she looks like a grandmother.

"Mitchell with the lengthy nose like Squidward, stop it." She laughed as well with a sniff. "But I'm really going to miss you."

"I know." Mitch sighed, still driving to the place where he'll meet the seller of the house he's interested in. "I'm going to miss you too."

"How's your hunt for a new house going?" She asked.

"It's fine, I guess." Mitch replied. "But, shouldn't you be going and checking on your soon-to-be husband already?"

"Oh," Mint said. "He allowed me to talk to you, he even pushed me to."

"What do you mean?" Mitch asked.

"I really just want for Mint to ask how you are." That's Jim's voice, which delighted Mitch.

"Hey Jim, you should take care of Mint." Mitch said, parking his car. "Your wedding's tomorrow already, and take care of yourself. Be sure you'd be present there."

"You too, Mitch." Jim said. "You must escort my Mint as she gracefully walk down the aisle."

Mitch then hears a squeal saying, "stop being so cheesy!"

"You kids." Mitch said under his breath.

"We're sorry." The couple said in unison.

Mitch just chuckled a bit and said, "I got to hang up the phone already."

They said their farewells and Mitch got out to talk with the seller and go tour the house he's going to buy.

He then decided to buy it and proceeds on waiting for tomorrow to come. He'll come back to the house with his things after a week from tomorrow.

It's hard to think of how fast the days were going and the nights were changing.

But it's life.

***

It's Mint's wedding day.

Mitch was already prepared.

He already was close to being at the venue, clothed with his tie and suit.

His phone suddenly rang.

After a couple of rings of his phone, he picked it up.

"Yes, Scott?" He immediately greets.

"Kirstie needs us." The blue-eyed man replied.

"How did you know?" Mitch said, slowing down compared on how he drove earlier.

"She was rushing down the hospital when Kevin saw her." Scott answered.

"What happened?"

"Jeremy got in a car crash."

Kirstie was always with Mitch whenever he got into accidents, is it time to repay her? But Mint was also there during his dark times and escorting the bride to her aisle is a big role to be in, she entrusted him.

What should he do now?