■■ Rocket

If I could build a rocket, I would go anywhere tonight.

Mitch cried both because of the prolonged mobbing and the same question which bombarded him.

"What do you feel about Kirstie being engaged?"

How irrespective was that? Very much, it is. He's not even Jeremy.

But he shouldn't be feeling that bad, Kirstie is still a member of Pentatonix and people must be very concerned of the band. What will happen if they're without her? How would their band continue? Yet after all these try hard positive thinking, why only ask Mitch?

Maybe because he's a friend and he's the only one truly linked with her? Maybe, just maybe.

But why did they drop the topic of his breakdown easily but still linger on the issue of the both of them? It's just depressing for him, and it's not even meant for others but him.

He sighed heavily with a shaky breath, trying to calm himself down. He can't be thinking about this, he's been trying to ease this down for a long time; he can't be in love over Kirstie.

He sipped his glass of water and tugged his hair. He was so stressed and he just wanted the time alone with someone. Or at least, himself.

Then unexpectedly, a familiar voice then called out his name. She knocked, "Mitch? It's Kirstie out here!"

Mitch spilled his glass of water and felt his throat like suffocated. He wants to open the door but he knows he's got no right.

This is it. This is what Kevin tries to tell him. You really never know when the heart wants what it wants.

He got up from his chair and opened the door for Kirstie. He welcomed her in and she plainly accepted it, still showing her poker face.

Kirstie herself also thought that their relationship would end in San Francisco, but she never thought that Jeremy really did something very unexpected when she returned.

It affected her little Mitch, so she needs to fix him. The kind of fix which a friend needs.

Mitch closed the door which made Kirstie flinch a little on her seat. She then fiddled her fingers, being nervous of what could happen. She wants to be away from reality, and this den of Mitch seems like an escape.

"Mitch, are you okay?" She asked him as he passed by her.

He glanced at her and went back to the table to clean up his mess, "Yes I am, how about you?"

"I am alright." Kirstie said. "But not more than that."

She heard the water running from the kitchen so she went there. She saw Mitch washing his hands and face.

"Why did you run away?" Kirstie asked and Mitch felt his knees wobble a little.

"Uh..." He didn't know what to answer, because he wasn't sure why he did run away. "A part of me said so?"

Kirstie noticed his tone, as if he's asking it, like questioning if it was his real answer. She knew it.

"I thought that I can't live without you." Mitch added. "Or maybe, I really just don't know."

Kirstie, with all mixed feelings, went to Mitch. She held his hands which fitted in hers very well.

"It will be alright." Kirstie said.

Mitch didn't know what to do, so he let his body do the first move as he leaned in, kissing Kirstie's lips gently.

She was not supposed to be kissing this man back. She was supposed to be home; at Jeremy's where her fiancé and Olaf are, or to be in her family's arms, but no, Mitch felt like more than home. He felt like he was her personal space.

Mitch's hand went to her cheek and the other one went under her shirt, touching her waist with his palm. Kirstie was already kissing him with tongue, and it felt nothing but great. It was when Mitch's hands tried to get naughty, when they realized that they got too carried away.

This was when Kirstie had to stop because she knows it'll lead to somewhere else. They won't like its outcome.

"I love you, Kirstie."

"I love you too, Mitch."

****

author: i know you might be done with all of my polls, but who's your number one bae, mitch or kirstie?