Chapter Twenty One - Spillage

Thank you all, I have nearly 3.2K ! :) ♥ If you liked Crimson Peak, I have just published a Crimson Peak fanfic! Go have a peek please, tell me your thoughts ;) Thank you and HAPPY NEW YEAR! ♥

~SC

Tom's POV

"Allright..." Sam sits up in his bed, clapping his hands together in excitement.

I smirk while looking for a book Sam would like.

"Do you promise you will read me it in Loki's voice?" Sighing, I nod.

"Of course I will Sam. I..." I face him. "... promised." My eyes searched a particular comic book, one that would pop out to me.

Ah ha.

I slipped my hand into his collection and pulled it out, waving it at Sam.

"How about this Sam?" He nodded frantically.

"I love that one!" I made my way towards him and sat down on his bed. "Loki: Agent of Asgard. My favourite." Opening the first page, Sam slithered under his sheets. More precisely - Marvel sheets. "Daddy used to read it to me." He bowed his head and my mouth drooped.

"Hey... don't worry about it. You and your Mom, you'll be okay together." He smiled slightly.

"Thanks Hiddles..." I shuffled his hair.

"Did... your Dad read it the same?" He nodded.

"Yeh. He was amazing! He even did the blasting noises and swapped voices! But, my favourite will be Loki." We both simpered subtly and my eyes laid on the first page.

"Ready?"

"Always." I took a deep breath and attempted Loki's voice.

"I spoke on your behalf, brother." Sam giggled.

"You're great... Loki." Chuckling, I carried on, breathing in and deepening my voice, even though it was Thor speaking.

"But, Misgard's laws are and always are. And you did create a most terrible slash..."

And I read to him till Sam fell asleep. I found it rather enjoyable.

Astrid's POV

I slowly eased myself onto the sofa and placed the tray onto the table.

An array of snacks and two glasses - one filled with juice, for the myself, and the other filled with some kind of alcohol.

Something I thought was good enough for Tom.

Gosh, I was tired.

I hadn't been to the doctor's, but I needed to.

Lately, I had been having sharp pains. Not normal pains. Strange ones.

I'd hope I wouldn't have to suffer another loss.

A loss of a child may be worse.

My guess is that Tom was reading a comic to Sam. Sammy loved his comics, especially the Loki ones.

I can live with his Loki obsession, and his Tom craving.

After a few moments, the sound of footsteps crawled into my ear and then a long sigh.

I smiled.

"Sam asleep?" Tom chuckles.

"Yeh.." He makes his way next to me and parks himself on the sofa, combing his fingers through his hair. "Man, Sam loves Loki."

"He's rather fond of you too..." I whisper.

"What?" I smirk.

"Nothing." Tom reached for his glass and hands me my own. "Thanks."

"Mmm... Gosh, I feel like I need something stronger."

"Would you like something stronger?" He shakes his head and sinks back.

"Maybe not a good idea, since I'm teaching tomorrow." Then, he closes his eyes and I take a sip of my orange juice.

Eyes still closed, Tom carries on talking. "How are you Astrid?" I frown and his eyes dart open as he takes a sip of his drink.

"I'm... fine..." I pause. "How are you?" Tom shrugs.

"Not bad."

"Did Mrs Harrison use all of your energy today?" Tom chuckles and rubs his face.

"I think she's secretly a energy sucking machine. I swear she reminds me of Miss Trunchbull. But..." He groans and he leans forward, his cup in his right hand. "... A bit nicer." I smile slightly.

"I'd never thought of that Tom." Tom takes another sip of his alcohol and I touch my bump.

"Hmm... Well, I do come up with new ideas." He waves his hands in my face and I begin to giggle. "It's the Hiddleston magic! Woo!" I smack his hands away.

"Stop it!" We both giggle and Tom placed his cup on the table, pouring another swig.

"I'm glad I make you laugh Astrid." I turn my head, facing him. "I'm glad I put that little hint of happiness in your life-"

"And Sam's." Tom smirks.

"And Sam's." I touch Tom's shoulder.

"Thank you. I'm probably an asshole and you've turned my life around Tom, so thank you." He simpered at me and grabs my hand, pecking the top of it.

"You are welcome. Again with the thank yous 'eh?" I chuckle.

"It's because we can't stop helping each other!" It's true.

"I like helping you. It passes the time." He takes a sip of his drink.

I feel like it's affecting him.

"Oh really?" I fold my arms and Tom laughs for a moment.

"No, that was a joke. I like making those." He groans, rubbing the side of his forehead in circles.

"You okay?" Tom nods.

"I think that's my cue Astrid." He gets up, groaning and stretching his arms out. I ease myself up from the sofa and make my way towards the door, where Tom is stood, the door open.

"Going already?" I arch one arm onto my back, the other, holding the door as Tom is stood outside. "Why don't I drop you?" Tom shakes his head.

"Nah. I'll... walk..." I widen my eyes.

"Walk? You'll be home in like... a few hours, you sure?"

"I'll have to walk it off. Get home sober. I'm not that bad, but I don't want to reek of alcohol tomorrow or Miss Trunchbull will get me." Both of us laugh and the wind blow in my face, strands of my hair flying backwards. Tom's flew around slowly.

"You sure you don't want a lift? I can get out of the house." Tom pats my shoulder.

"Nope I'm good. Might get a taxi if I see one. I might do something I regret if I walk actually..." Tom bites his lip and faces me, taking a step further. "Actually, if I'm going to do something I regret, I'll do this..." Suddenly, my face is cupped in Tom's hands and his lips crash onto mine.

Why was he doing this?

Before I could have any say, Tom detached his lips from mine and he raises both of his eyebrows, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Y-yeh. See you tomorrow Astrid..."

I watch Tom walk away from me and his figure decreased in size...

Why?

Was it the drink?

Or was it really him...?