Chapter Twenty Five - There

Oh my gosh, 4.1K thank you :* *hugs* Also, I had just heard about the fanfiction awards! If you like this book, please nominate it, I have been on Wattpad for over a year and you've been amazing :) ILY and if you do, just thank you :)

~SC

Astrid's POV

I had been scrubbing the kitchen for over half an hour now.

I felt as if I didn't keep busy, I would ponder on the scan today and I would just... shatter.

My strength was slowly weakening, however, I kept on scrubbing. I had always kept it clean, just the way me and Christopher liked it.

After a few more rubs, I stopped and flicked my hair out of my face. I took a deep sigh and stared at the clock.

1:45

I had to leave in forty minutes to pick Sam and apparently, Tom would make his own way to me.

He had told me he had his car and it would be reasonable to use it.

But, I kept thinking about the other night.

The kiss.

I felt as if he... kissed me on purpose. But, he had some drinks, so I wasn't so sure.

I'm glad he is coming with me to the scan. I hope his magic does work for me, because...

I can't afford another loss.

It would break me.

I threw the scrubber into the sink and turned on the tap, wiping my eyes with my wrists to ensure that no chemicals would enter my eyes.

Taking off my yellow gloves, I put them on the side, along with the soaked scrubber.

Then, I leaned my arms onto the counter and exhaled deeply. I rubbed my bump.

Time was ticking.

I rubbed my eyes and slowly made my way into the living room, easing myself onto the sofa.

I was still tired. Sleep wasn't on my side.

Trying to look away from the clock, it failed and suddenly it was-

2:10

On that note, I rushed to my feet and made my way up the stairs, praying that nothing would be wrong.

Tom's POV

"Right, let's see..." I looked at my watch. "We have about thirty minutes..." Then, I paused, feeling a vibration in my pocket.

Reminder - Astrid's scan. Approx. 45 minutes.

I hadn't told Mrs Harrison yet - but I was getting desperate.

Everytime I tried to find her, she was busy. Or, if I did, I had to call her - that was it she didn't start talking to someone else

Perks of being a head teacher...

"Hiddles." I placed my phone into my pocket and looked down at Sam.

"What's up?" He bowed his head and looked up.

"You." I frowned.

"What?"

"You're up. You're in front of me when I look up..." I sigh.

"Sorry Sam, I mean, what is it?" He smiled at me.

"Oh, yeh. Um..." He tied his hands around his back. "Choose Hiddles." I lift my eyebrows.