Chapter Eleven

Rabia Malhotra

Rabia doesn't even remember how she reached her office but now here she was crying her eyes out in the arms of her friend Natalie.

"Rabia...babe you need to talk to me now...c'mon stop crying.." Natalie tried to console Rabia but to no avail.

"Talk to me woman!"Natalie exclaimed at Rabia.

Natalie was not good at dealing with crying people and she could not see her friend in such a miserable condition.

"I...he..remember..." Rabia tried to put together a sentence but once again was lost in a wave of sobs.

"Okay first calm down will ya? Here have some water." Said Natalie as she handed Rabia water along with a box of tissue.

After some time Rabia was quiescent enough to speak.

"Okay...now tell me what's wrong?" Natalia asked.

"Nat..he did not even recognize me! He just came there and started his meeting. Not once he asked anything. My entire plan failed! I thought if I manipulated the information on my site purchased after he showed interest in it, I would meet him up as a business associate and he would recognize me and then somehow we could have gotten to the topic of Jayson. I cannot just walk into his office and tell him all this. I thought this would work out and now here I am. See he did not even remember me! He would have laughed at the prospect of having a baby with a woman he does not even remember!"

"Okay! You know what let me handle this my way" said Natalie

"And what is your way?"

"I am going to walk into his office and give him a piece of my mind for being such a jerk!"

"No you are not going to do such a thing. I guess I should take my life back to pre-Marcus period and carry on like it was before he got to NYC. It is not like he remembers me and I will not force all this upon him. I do not want Jayson getting hurt in the process. He has forgotten me and I will forget him." Rabia said in a determined voice.

Marcus James Reynolds

Marc watched as she ran towards the elevators and disappeared behind the doors.

"Sir, here are the files for the meeting" Joseph said

"We will not be requiring these anymore Joseph. Stay in contact with Ms. Malhotra's PA to reschedule the meeting."

"Yes Sir" Joseph said confused and turned to leave.

"Good and Joseph one more thing..." Said Marc

"Yes Sir?" asked Joseph

"Call Benson and ask him to report to my office as soon as possible. An hour max." said Marc and walked away.