Thirty-Six

Marcus James Reynolds

To say that Marc was tensed was an understatement.

Marc had been planning to propose Rabia from the past one week.

He knew she was the one for him and he did not want to wait any longer.

So today when he had gone to drop his son at his parent's house, he had picked up the ring he had ordered two days ago on the way back. The platinum band with a single large diamond in the centre had their initials engraved along with an infinity sign.

Now here he was, infront of Rabia as the ring sparkled on his palm.

"Marc..." Rabia whispered as tears started rolling down her cheeks.

Marc stood up and helped Rabia up as well.

Then he got down on one knee and took her left hand and placed a kiss on her ring finger.

"Rabia, I have loved you from the moment I saw you again in my office though my brain didnt accept it at first but as time passed I came to realize that it is you whom I want to share every moment of my life. Rabia, even if there wasnt gravity on earth, I would still fall for you, so please do me the honour of being my wife?"

"Oh Marc! Yes! YES!" Rabia said in between sobs.

Marc placed the ring on her left ring finger and it was a perfect fit.

He got up and hugged her. Rabia placed kisses all over his place while still crying.

"I love you so much Marcus"

"You just made me the luckiest man alive"

Rabia hugged him harder as he twirled her around.

"It is beautiful" Rabia said as she held her hand up.

"Just like you" Marc said and captured her lips for a kiss.

"Tomorrow I am going to announce it to the whole world that we are getting married. We will host an engagement party" Marc told her

"Ofcourse" Rabia said

Rabia Malhotra

Rabia could not believe that she was now engaged to Marc. She was on cloud nine.

It was all unexpected and Marc's proposal was beautiful.

She loved the ring especially their initials with the infinity sign.

She was sitting while Marc laid with his head on her lap. They had dinner and now sat in comfortable silent.

"A penny for your thought?" Marc asked her.

" I was just thinking how lucky I am" Rabia said smiling at him as she ran her fingers through his hair.

"I am the lucky one" Marc took her hand and placed a kiss on her palm.

"Thank you for coming into my life. I didnt know how incomplete my life was until Jay and you came into my life." Marc said.

He sat up, removed his jacket to put it around Rabia and took her into a hug.

" I will always be by your side Marc, no matter what. Our love is beyond forever."

Rabia felt Marc reach into the his jacket which was wrapped around her.

"I have something else as well" Marc said.

Rabia looked at a small box in his hand.

"Open it" Marc urged her.

Rabia opened it and in it lay her sapphire earring. She had lost one earring of the pair at the dance 7 years ago.

He had kept it all these years.

Rabia looked up at Marc and saw his eyes mirroring the pure love she felt.

No words were needed in this moment.

Marc kissed her forehead and they once again settled in each others arms as wind blew through the trees rustling their leaves.

________________________
In case of any confusion, it is the  earring Marc had stepped on in the morning after their night together following the dance.