Chapter Twenty-Three

Marcus James Reynolds

Marc stood there against the table.

His cheek was still stinging from her slap and his ears were still ringing from her words.

"SHIT!" Marc exclaimed and ran after Rabia.

He could not believe he said such things to her. He had never mistreated any woman in his entire life to such an extent and that to a respectable woman like Rabia.

He had thrown those words at her without thinking. He was beyond shocked at what she had said to him that he wasn't even thinking.

He ran out of the lobby and came to a stop when he saw her leaning against her car with her hands on her knees.

"Rabia!" He yelled and ran towards.

She looked up and when she saw it was him, she turned around and opened her car door.

"NO! Please wait!" Marc went and put his arm on her car door to stop her.

"What the hell do you want Marcus?" She glared at him.

"Please, I am really sorry. I did not mean what I said. Please just give me a chance to explain." Marc said

"What do you want to explain? There is nothing to explain." Rabia said pushing him away.

"Listen I know Chloe said those things to you. But I was not talking to her. Yes she was with me the night before but I was too drunk. I didn't know how I invited her to my place. I had come to your office to invite you for dinner. I saw you with another man and I felt...jealous. I followed you two and saw you with him at the school. After that I don't know what got into me that I went to the bar and got drunk. I woke up at night and called my friend William to talk about you. I just wanted his advice. Chloe must have heard me talking to him." Marc explained looking hopefully at her.

"I do not care Marcus. The man you are talking about is like a brother to me. Who do you think you are huh? Going around judging me and why does it matter so much to you? I am just a game for you aren't I? You are a pathetic man who plays with women for your own pleasure." Rabia retorted back.

"No you are not a game for me Rabia, yes I accept at first I felt just attraction for you but I don't think attraction is thinking about you all day. I don't think attraction is getting up at middle of the night with you in my thoughts. I don't think attraction is trying to convince myself that it is lust and nothing else and I don't think attraction is finding excuses and reasons to have you alone with me. It is much more than attraction Rabia. I don't know what it is but I do feel something more for you." Marc said as he reached out to hold her hand but Rabia pulled back.

"How can I trust you?" Rabia asked

"I will win your trust. Please just give me a chance. I know you must think I am a player who goes around with a different woman every week. Yes I do, but I have never hurt any woman. They all want the same thing as me but with you I don't want that. I want something more. I want to change my ways for you. Please just give me a chance." Marc pleaded.

He realized where he stood with her in respect to his feelings when he saw her walk out of his house. He knew that he could not let her go. He finally stopped convincing himself that he did not like her because he knew she meant something to him.

"How about we start from the scratch? We can start again as friends." Marc said.

Raba looked at his extended hand and glared at him. He withdrew his hand.
Marc could see that what he said to her had hurt her deeply. He knew when she said that he was the only man she had been with, she was telling the truth and he did believe her when she was the mother of his son but he could not wrap his head around the thought that he had six-year-old son.

He didn't know anything about parenthood. Children were not even on his list for the near future.

"Can I please meet him?" Marc asked. He did not even know how his son looked. He needed to see him to convince himself that he was actually a father.

"Look Marcus, I need some time to wrap my head around this entire thing okay? You also need to think over this situation. What you said to me, do you mean it or was it just out of guilt for calling your own son a bastard and the mother of your child a whore?" with that she quickly got into her car and started the engine.

"Rabia! Wait please listen! I meant everything I said to you. We need to talk and sort this out. You are leaving me again! Please Rabia!" Marc pleaded with her but in vain.

She reversed her car and drove off into the night.