Chapter Thirty-One

Rabia Malhotra

Rabia gasped at the sight in front of her.

They were on a terrace of a building, a very tall building.

A table for two was set up with candles in the middle. A path was made with rose petals leading up to the table and the surrounding area was covered with candles. It was breathtaking with the view of the city from up here and the full moon in the sky.

"You like it?" Marc asked her.

"I...this...I mean..."Rabia stuttered

"You don't like it?"

"No. I love it...it's just that no one has done this kind of thing for me before..." Rabia said in a quiet voice.

Marc turned her around and took her face in her hand so gently.

"Beautiful, for you, a thousand times over." He said and leaned in to capture her lips.

The kiss was short but full of an unsaid promise.

Marc took Rabia's hand and went towards the table that was set up.

He pulled out the chair for Rabia.

"Such a gentleman" Rabia joked.

"I try my best" Marc said grinning.

Marc poured red wine into both of their glasses.

Rabia noticed Marc was staring at her.

She blushed and looked down.

"I love it when you blush, beautiful" Marc said.

"Stop it" Rabia said laughing.

"No really. I mean it. You are such a wonderful person and I would love to know more about you and spend time with you" Marc said while placing her hand on top of hers.

"You are not so bad yourself, Mr. Reynolds."

"Oh come on! This is all I get?" Marc said laughing.

"What else?"

Marc pouted and Rabia threw a tissue at him laughing.

Marc bent down and picked out a takeout bag from beside the table.

"I hope you like Chinese." Marc said smirking.

"It is perfectly imperfect"

They talked about their past, likes and dislikes and Rabia was reveling in every moment. She loved Marc's expressions when he talked about something he loves and faces he made when he talked about something he didn't like. Rabia was glad to find out that they mostly shared the same likes and dislikes.

"Time for dessert" Marc announced.

"And the dessert is?"

"Chocolate cake!" Marc said with an excitement of a child on Christmas.

The chocolate cake was delicious and Rabia swatted Marc's hand as he tried to steal from Rabia's plate after he had finished his own.

"Really, Rabia? Sharing is caring!"

"Nope, chocolate cake is always the exception." Rabia said while shielding her cake.

She spooned the last bit and brought it towards her mouth and grinned at Marc. Before Rabia could see what was coming Marc had leaned across the table and stole the last bite.

"You cheater!" Rabia tried to sound angry but couldn't help but laugh at his smug expression.

Marc got up from his chair and came towards Rabia.

He bent and extended his hand. "Can I have the opportunity of a dance with the beautiful lady?"

Rabia took his hand and got up from her seat.

"I can't really dance" Rabia mumbled

"Trust me" Marc said as he opened his playlist on his phone.

The song "All of Me" by John Legend started playing.

Marc started singing along and twirled Rabia around the terrace. Rabia was completely in awe.

They danced while the song played in the background.

Give your all to me and I will give my all to you.

You are my end and my beginning

Even when I loose, I am winning.

The song ended and Marc kissed Rabia's forehead and placed his forehead against her.

"You know, I never thought love was worth fighting for, but when I look into your eyes, I am ready for war. I have fallen in love with you Rabia"