24 • It Felt Like A Miracle

3 Months Later

"Y/N!"

I turned around and through all of the bustling, busy people in the airport, I spotted the blonde head that was my auntie Fiona. I raced towards her, lugging my suitcase awkwardly behind me, and embraced her in a hug. I heard her laughter as she accepted my hug.

"It's great to see you, love," she said, pulling away and smiling at me. I could literally see a spitting image of my mother. They weren't twins, but they probably could be mistaken for it.

"It's great to see you, too," I said with a smile. "Thank you so much for letting me be here."

She waved her hand dismissively. "It's fine, Y/N. Really. But now that you're here, I can properly congratulate you."

I raised an eyebrow and watched her smile at me mischievously, before pulling something from her pocket. She held out a small box and I looked at it carefully.

"That's for me?"

She nodded. "Yes. It's a gift for passing your GCSE's!"

"This is gift enough, auntie–" I tried to decline, but she cut me off.

"Just take it, Y/N."

I sighed and took the small box from her hand. Releasing my suitcase momentarily, I opened the box and gasped when I saw a Pandora charm bracelet on there. It only had two charms on: a camera, and a four-leaf clover.

"Wow." I was stuck for words. "I don't know what to say."

"Don't say anything then." She laughed and pulled me in for a side hug as I stared at the bracelet. "I just hope you like it. The camera symbolises that you're here and pursuing your dream, and the clover is for luck. You can add more on as time goes on."

I looked up at her and smiled gratefully. "Thank you so much. For everything."

She chuckled and kissed the top of my head. "It's no problem at all, Y/N. Now put it on! You like it right?"

I laughed and pulled the bracelet out of the box. "Are you kidding me? I love it!" I fumbled out for a few seconds as I tried to clasp it around my wrist, but when I did, I said, "Thank you."

She stepped forward and grabbed the handle of my suitcase. "Time to go to your new home for the next two years, eh?"

I smiled and nodded, falling in step with her as we walked out of the airport. As soon as we stepped outside, the sunlight hit me and blinded me momentarily. I wasn't exactly used to the heat in LA, seeing as it was always freezing in Manchester.

"Liking the weather, I see." I looked to my aunt and saw her chuckling at my discomfort.

As I took off my glasses and replaced them with my optically-prescribed sunglasses, I shrugged. "I'll get used to it. Eventually."

She laughed. "I promise you will. Just try to lose the jumpers and wear more sun cream and you'll be ready in no time!"

As you can probably tell by now, I'm in LA. Just arrived, in fact. And that is because I passed! I remember receiving my results like it was yesterday. Probably because it was only about two weeks ago. And it went something like this...