25 • My New Friend... Hopefully

"Rise and shine, Y/NNNNNN!"

I groaned when I heard my auntie's voice shout loudly and too enthusiastically for this time in the morning.

"Wake me up at one," I mumbled, tucking my head under my pillow, hoping she would take the hint and leave.

I didn't hear a response, so I assumed she had left. Just when I felt myself zoning out from reality, my blanket was yanked off my body and I screamed in surprise. When I sat up in my bed, I saw my blanket sprawled on the floor of my new, huge bedroom, and my auntie standing at the end of my bed with a grin on her face.

"What was that for?!" I shouted groggily. I was never exactly a morning person.

"You're going to see my studio today. Aka, the place that you'll be training at for the next two years!"

I sighed and rubbed my face with my hands. "Okay, I'll be up. Just give me chance to get ready."

"Downstairs in half an hour, Y/N," she said, winking at me before leaving my bedroom.

When she left, I groaned and fell back into my pillow, wondering what the rest of the day held in store for me.

***

From: Chicken Wings
Dinah: where are you now, Y/N/N

Ally: give her the chance to breathe, DJ

Camila: she's been here for a day, I think she can text us now

Normani: can we just talk about how awesome this gc name is tho

I smiled to myself as I read the texts on my phone. The girls had put me in a fresh group chat when I arrived in LA, and I had only gotten the chance to text them before I went to sleep. As you can probably tell, they are a little desperate to speak to me.

"Why are you all smiley?" I heard my aunt say, so I looked up and saw her smirking at me from the driver's seat. "We aren't even there yet."

Seeing her on the left side of me was still unfamiliar to me, seeing as I was used to the seat I'm sitting in being the driver's seat. Also, the fact that Americans drove on the wrong side of the road was still hard to get used to, too.

"Remember those girls I was talking about?" I asked her, referring to the short conversation I had with her about Fifth Harmony. She knew who they were, but I don't think she knew how famous they were. Once she nodded, I continued, "Well, they are just texting me and saying some funny things... When do you think I can visit them?"

She kept her eyes trained on the road as she thought about it. "Well, you'll be with me today, but I guess you can visit them late lunchtime? But they have to come to you 'cause I can't drop you off because I'm working."

I nodded. "What if they pick me up? They can drive, you see."

"I'll have to meet them first," she said, sparing me a glance. "I'm not letting you wander off with complete strangers on your second day of being here."

"Okay," I agreed. "But, just to let you know, mum and dad have met them before. You can talk to them about it if you want."