Interrupted

Chapter 1

"No you fool! Stop! It's obviously not the maid! The butler did it! Why else would he be absent during the crime?" Sherlock yelled at the television.

"I told you not to watch that crap telly." John scolded.

"But John I'm bored!" Sherlock complained. Why won't John ever do anything with me. Sometimes I think that bloody blog of his is more important to him than I am. He thought.

John looked up from his laptop to look at Sherlock. He seems to be deep in thought. His eyes are glimmering from the sun that pours in from the windows. Why am I thinking about his eyes? John thought.

"John?" Sherlock said abruptly.

"What is it now Sherlock?" John answered exasperated.

"Do you smell something?"

"Now that you mentioned it, it does rather smell like rotten eggs."

Their conversation came to a stop when they heard a knock at the door.

"John, can you-"

"Ugh." John grunted as he walked to the door. All of a sudden, the lights began to flicker.

"YOU NEED TO GET OUT OF THERE RIGHT NOW!" Said a deep voice from outside. John aggressively pulled at the doorknob, but it wouldn't budge. Sherlock, now interested, got up and tried to open the windows.

"They won't open!" He yelled angrily. Suddenly, a huge cloud of black smoke streamed out of the vent. Sherlock stood there trying to conduct some logical theory for all of this. Could it be some sort of ash? Maybe Mycroft is behind this. His thoughts were interrupted when the black smoke rushed into John's mouth.

"JOHN! NO!" Sherlock yelled furiously. John fell to the ground motionless as Sherlock ran to his aid.

"John? John are you alright?" John's eyes opened and for a second Sherlock could have sworn they were a deep black. He dismissed the ridiculous thought. John blinked and took a deep breath. Sherlock stared at him with eyes wide open waiting for a response. With a smirk, John replied, "I've never been better."