The Problem with Angels

Chapter 22

"Alright, we have to hurry. Crowley will be sending demons after us any minute." Gabriel has changed his vessel since the last time anyone saw him. Instead of a beautiful woman, he looked like a mid age athlete. He had a stubby beard and messy, jet black hair. He wore a black v neck shirt and dirty, torn jeans. Now that he had a closer look, Dean noticed rope burns on his wrists and cuts on his face.

"What happened to you?" Clara asked.

"And why did you take Sam and John?" Dean snapped.

"I grabbed Sam so you wouldn't stop trying to find Sherlock-"

"Yeah, I figured that one out." Dean glanced at him brother. "Why did to take John?"

"Didn't you see?" Gabriel grinned flashing a set of crooked teeth. "Sherlock saw John and managed to free himself from Crowley. True it was only for a few moments, but he's still getting there. With an extra push he can rid himself of Crowley. And in this case that push is John." John's face turned red.

"I- but, I don't think," John stuttered.

"Oh but it's perfect." Gabriel let out an unnatural laugh. "As long as Castiel and Ezekiel keep their mouths shut..."

"Wait, what do you know about Cas? Is he feeling better?" Dean felt like his stomach twist into a knot.

"He's in the same state as when you left the prophet."

"Yeah, well he's my responsibility. I need to find this 'all powerful being' or whatever so I can save him. You could help you know, instead of-" Then he stopped. "I got it."

"What?" Dean looked at the Doctor.

"We need to capture a Dalek."

Amidst the people who were scurrying up and down the streets no one noticed the small shop. Easy Eats was printed on the faded sign outside. No one entered it, and no one really paid it any attention. What was happening inside it, however, was incredibly important.

"Ezekiel. I heard him say it. We need to find this angel before anyone knows we know." said Sherlock.

"I don't understand why we can't use the other angel. Castiel wasn't it?" said a man with a long black trench coat that fell to the ground.

"Castiel is unwell. And this is Ezekiel's shop. He'll be here any moment. He always enjoyed a good snack." Sherlock looked around at the cases filled with old cakes, pies, and pastries.

"So how's Sherlock doing? I haven't seen him in quite a while. Last time we met, well, let's just say he fell right into my trap. Just as he's done now." Sherlock tried to scream out, but Crowley just smirked. The bell attached to the door rang announcing a man's arrival. He had messy light brown hair and a black leather coat atop his purple shirt. He dropped the bags filled with sugar and eggs he was carrying.

"It's you. It can't be." The man's face drained of color. Sherlock waved his hand and the door slammed shut.

"No flying out on this one Ezekiel. How are you doing? Your angel buddies haven't seen you in a while." The man with the trench coat said wryly.

"I'm not telling you where the Ten Commandments are. The angels wound never allow me to."

"We don't care about what heaven thinks, we just need to know the Commandments' location."

"Tell me, how are you alive?" The man grinned.

"Stop changing the subject."

"Humor me." Ezekiel pulled up a chair and sat down. The mysterious man turned to look at Sherlock.