Love Hurts

Chapter 21

The farther down the hallway the group walked the more retched the smell became. As Sherlock reached the last door in the corridor, Dean pulled out his gun and shoved Sherlock against the wall.
"Why the hell are you doing this, Crowley?" With a wave of his hand, Sherlock pinned Dean to the wall with a laugh.
"Well let's think for a moment." He smirked at Dean. "No more pesky humans, no more pesky angels,"
"No more pesky demons." Dean interrupted. Sherlock's smirk turned into a grimace.
"Let's not get cocky, Dean. Remember who has the hostages." Sherlock sneered. He released the invisible force that held Dean against the wall and he fell with a thud. The door slammed open and the group shuffled inside. They all stopped in their tracks to see the weapon in the center if the room.

There sat a roaring machine with a tornado of black smoke streaming out. Behind it stood a frightened Sam and John.
"Sam," Dean started walking towards his brother.
"SILENCE." Yelled a scratchy voice from the corner. The Doctor gulped when he saw three Daleks standing guard in the shadows. Clara looked up at him with concern.
"Well well well. Here we are. The infamous weapon to be used to destroy, well, everything." Sherlock's face glowed as he stroked the metal beast. "And all we needed was a branch from the tree on Richard Brooke Hill; Sherlock's key. Some rare liquid called Lanthanum." He paused to look at Jack. "Jack's key. And of course that leaves Sam. Your key, I believe, is little miss Clara over here." The Doctor pulled her closer to himself.
"You're not hurting Clara."
"And why is that?" Tears started forming in the Doctor's eyes.
"Because,"
"Because why?" Sherlock roared.
"Because I've already lost everyone else!" The Doctor yelled back. His words were left hanging in the air. "My family, my friends, everyone is gone." He shifted uncomfortably. "Please."
"Well as heartwarming as that sounds, destroying the world sounds better. I need Clara's mind in order for the weapon to work." He grabbed Clara's wrist and she let out a squeal.
"Sherlock stop it." He paused and turned to look at John.
"Sherlock isn't here right now, please leave a message." He turned back to Clara.
"Oh but he is. I should know." Sherlock loosened his grip on Clara enough for her to pull free. "When I was possessed I heard everything that was going on. I saw everything. I felt everything," His voice trembled. Sherlock sauntered over to John.
"I've been inside of you, John. I know what you think about. I know how you feel."
"Well Sherlock, if you're listening, listen closely. God knows I'll only admit this once. You're the best man I've ever known. I admire and look up to you everyday." He laughed and stared at the ground. "There's just something about you that I've never seen in anyone else. And, I rather quite like it. Sherlock bleeding Holmes, I love you." Sherlock breathed in heavily as if he was holding his breath for the whole speech. "Sherlock?"
"John, I can't hold him back much longer." Sherlock grabbed John for support. "Just tell me, is that true? What you just said?"
"Don't make me say it again," John said jokingly. Sherlock let out a scream and fell to the ground. "Sherlock?" John crouched down next to his friend.
"John," Sherlock choked out.
"Yes, it's true. It's all true. And back at the flat, when you didn't know if I was me or not, you kissed me. Was that..." Sherlock pulled John by the collar so they're lips touched.
"I love you too John." He let out another screech and Crowley was back.

"Well that was exciting." Sherlock stood up and brushed the dirt off his coat. "Now, Clara sweetie, come over here." He twitched his hand and she came flying over to him. "Good, now, do you know why your mind was chosen?" Clara stood there staring at him with pure hatred. "Because, you are special. Very special indeed. Not many of the Doctor's companions are destined to save him." He let out a laugh. "How odd is it that you'll actually be his demise? Everyone's demise for that matter. It took us a while, a couple hundred years actually. The Doctor has been picking up these companions and we've been anxiously awaiting the right one."
"Wait, what do you mean, the right one?" The Doctor exclaimed.
"The one that's compatible with the system. That Rose girl came very close, its a shame she got stuck in that alternate universe." The Doctor's fist punched Sherlock's face so fast that he didn't have any time to react. "Oh so Rose Tyler is a touchy subject for you?" Sherlock grinned. The Doctor stared at the ground blushing. "I'll have you know she lived a very nice life. However, she never really stopped thinking about you. Every night and every morning she wished you would return. Her knight in shining armor would come back and finish that one sentence. Tell me, how hard is it to say I love you?" This time Sherlock anticipated the attack and dodged the Doctor's punch.
"Stop talking about her." The Doctor growled.
"You're an old man, Doctor. Maybe a little too old." Before things got too messy, a fluttering sound announced Gabriel's arrival. He smirked at Sherlock.
"Nice try Crowley, but you still don't know how to even work this machine." Gabriel snapped and the Doctor, the Winchesters, Clara, John and Jack were standing in the middle of a bustling street.