Awakening

Chapter 34

"What the actual hell happened here," spat Moriarty as he entered the room, if one would even call it a room. Everything was charred black and a silvery fluid filled every other crevice. The remnants of the machine crunched under the demon's steps.

"Boss, the Doctor and the lady are gone," mumbled a man with a heavy British accent. "There are no signs of forced escape, so they may-" Moriarty wrapped his hand around the man's throat, pressing his fingers into the skin.

"Let's think for a moment," he whispered, savoring every syllable and ignoring the man's gasps for breath. "One of them is a 2000 year old, incredibly clever lord of time. The other is his wife. I'm quite certain they're capable of escaping dimwitted dufuses like you and you're friends." Moriarty released the man and he hit the floor with a thud.

"Says the one with her lipstick on your face," coughed the demon. Moriarty locked his jaw and kicked the man's face, blood spilling out of his mouth. He headed for the door, brushing the lipstick from his mouth.

.

The church was eerily quiet as Sam kneeled in the pew nearest to the alter. Everyone rested while Sam whispered words of forgiveness.

"It's been a while Sam," uttered Azrael with a swooping noise announcing his arrival, "since you've prayed." Sam shut his eyes and tuned out the angel. "Don't ignore me, Sam." He slighty raised his voice as he approached the broken man. "We still have much to discuss. Like poor Jess down in hell. She must be having a hard time." Sam's eyes burst open as he stood to face the angel.

"Don't you dare talk about her," blurted Sam.

"Ahh so that's what makes you tick. Innocent, little Jess in hell. Not the first time she's burned because of you." Sam drove his fist into the archangel's face, breathing heavily. He stumbled slightly and raised an eyebrow. "Is that all you got Winchester?"

"You know damn well that's not all I got." Sam threw a few more punches before the angel retaliated. He forced Sam to the ground using his angel mojo.

"Well," sighed Azrael, wiping blood from his face and fixing his tie, "I guess that new soul isn't holding you back from violence. And I thought you might have changed for the better."

"How do you know about Jess?" Sam struggled against the force holding him down.

"Well someone had to drag her gorgeous soul down there." Sam stopped fighting against Azrael's powers and fell limp to the ground.

"You. You're the one who brought her into hell?" He spit the words out like acid.

"It was quite easy too. I just told her you wanted to see her, and she came right along."

"I'm going to kill you," whispered Sam, trembling with anger.

"I'm sorry? What was that," snickered Azrael. Sam pushed through the force holding him back and charged the shocked angel. He knocked him to the ground, beating him senseless. "How did you...?" Azrael disappeared mid-punch, leaving Sam panting on the ground. He hung his head and looked at his shaking hands. Dean came running in.

"Sammy? Sam what's wrong," Dean called to his brother as he rushed over. Sam knelt on the ground quivering with tears in his eyes. He looked up at his brother speechless. Rings were forming under his eyes, and his knuckles were bruised and bloody. "C'mon. Let's get you cleaned up."

.

"I don't understand why we're still here, John. I feel fine. Plus it's quite strange sleeping in a church," Sherlock complained. John rubbed his eyes and moaned as he rose out of his makeshift bed.